Bass Fishing Kerr Scott 10 May 16

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
What a shame I cannot post photos of the huge bass I caught yesterday while fishing with my brother. He beat me in numbers but I won in size, he was a close second. LOL I think he wound up catching 13 total, lost 3 or 4. I wound up catching only 7. I claim the fact that he caught more on him fishing from the front of the boat and getting "first chance" at the good locations. LOL.

It started out a very nice calm day but slow fishing. I didn't catch a single fish before about noon. He already had 5 in the boat. Finally the Man Upstairs took pity on me and I caught my first fish of the day. Then the wind kicked in and it was almost impossible to keep the boat headed in one direction.

The fish I wanted to show a photo of was a bass. It was about this long xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx while the lure I was using was about this long xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. What the heck that fish thought he was going to do with that lure once it got a hold of the lure is beyond me? There darn sure wasn't any way on Gods green earth that that fish could have swallowed the lure.

There was another boat which had come in behind us as we came out of a small cove. When they saw us come out the guy waved and said "Sorry, we didn't know you were back in this cove" and they veered off. Thought that was really ethical of them, it doesn't happen often anymore. Anyway about that time I caught the fish. I held it up and hollered to them asking if the could come help me get it in the boat. The one who had spoken before hollered back "Do you think I need to bring the landing net or should I bring the gaff"? We all had a good laugh.

Besides the two "big ones" we both caught we had several that were about 15 inches long, so while not impressive it was a good day. Like I have always heard and honestly believe. "Any day fishing is better than a day working".