Stupid things you did as a kid

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
LOL, yes. Belt, wooden spoon, wooden paddle, my mom even beat me with a spaghetti colander once in the kitchen.......wouldn't change a thing though [emoji3]

Mine used a fly swatter. Whenever I knew I was going to get in trouble, I'd wear some heavy denim jeans. Didn't hurt at all but I made them think it did. Smart from an early age lol

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
I got hit with all sorts of stuff. Anything my mom or grandma could get ahold of. I tried to be a good kid...but I don't think I was much better than any of you lol!

clp311

Fire cracker wars ( still have the burn scars to show for them) really dumb.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
St8er, how'd you get your whoopins?

I don't know if it's a northern thing or a Catholic thing but my dad used his belt. For my mom, it was a wooden spoon.
Yep. Belt from Dad, wooden spoon from Mom. But after she broke a few on me, she'd reach for the power chord from her electric skillet. That hurt the worst.

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
Shot my neighbor with my bb gun. Got a whoopin.......Shot our above ground pool with bb gun.......Got a whoopin. We would drive our cars through the huge piles of leaves that people would rake into the front of their home. This was fun until they started hiding cinder blocks in the piles........Got a whoopin. Mailbox baseball. One of the homeowners saw us do it from inside his home and just happened to be friends with my dad.....Got a whoopin.........Lied about first speeding ticket......Got a whoopin. Just too many to list. My entire childhood was filled with bad decisions and whoopins!!!

Slow learner. Me,too. Lol

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
St8er, how'd you get your whoopins?

I don't know if it's a northern thing or a Catholic thing but my dad used his belt. For my mom, it was a wooden spoon.

We have GOT to be kin! To this day I can't stand the sight of a wooden spoon! My mom must have mastered that "cupping" because her spoon whoopings hurt WAY more than my dad's belt! Or maybe she just swung harder?

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
I didn't know that wooden spoons were used for cooking until I was about 18 or so. Honest truth right there. My wife and MIL think that's funny.

Last edited:

wcjones

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I would sometimes get popped on head with that wooden spoon if I was mouthing off.

Mine dad would whip me with my own belt...talk about demoralizing having to take off your belt and hand it to him to whip you with

Getting my mouth washed out with soap was the worst

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
I'll just add that my dad was zoro with a belt...he had plenty of practice between me and my brother...I still don't know how he hooked us under his left arm and took his belt off with his right and was in mid swing before we knew he even had us!

Billy

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I'm not going into all of it, but my 88 year old mom is in a nursing home now with pretty severe dementia. She can't remember anything from 5 minutes ago, but she still remembers my childhood. When I'm visiting, she'll look at me with a little smile and say "you're gonna get a spanking".

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
We supplied my mother with her wooden spoons. She'd break them on us during the year and we'd buy her new ones for Christmas.

Redneck Rocker Dude

Old Mossy Horns
I was a pretty good kid but we used to have backyard boxing matches after school on Friday afternoons, boxing gloves and all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk