Prayer

agreenchicken

Ten Pointer
Anyone else out there struggle with just making time to pray. I have realized that this is a place that I struggle with. I pray but I don't feel like I pray like I should. I guess my question is how do you know when your prayers are sufficient. Or maybe there is know right or wrong answer to that. Guess I should just ask God about that.
Just was thinking about it and thought I would share to get others perspective.
Thanks

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I find myself praying like I was always taught not to, in systematic and structured prayers which , although sincere, don't do my relationship with God justice.
Finding time that is just between myself and God has always been tough, I find myself having much better of a relationship during deer season when alone time is much more prevalent and I can have a quiet moment at just about anytime during my hunt.
I have really focused on cleansing myself by confessing more and being specific about my transgressions(they are many!)before getting really serious about prayer time, that seems to really open the connection between myself and God when it comes to a formal time of prayer.
I'm always thinking and praising Him during the day, and asking for strength, patience, ect. just to get me through the day

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
To be very honest , I'd gotten very slack. But since the ordeal with my wife the last couple of weeks , plus the response I got from folks here AND , most importantly the simple fact those prayers were answered. I'm getting myself retuned into my daily walk. Sometimes you need a little prod. Folks , don't ignore those extra blessings. I know I won't.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
The Bible says we should pray unceasingly. I kinda take that to mean throughout the day, even for little things, we should "consult" God or thank Him, or even say a little prayer when we see an accident or someone on the forum is sick, hurting ect. I think it's purpose is to remind ourselves of God, and that He is in control. I'm I successful in doing this? I have to admit, no, I'm not, at least not how I think God wants me to be. All we can do, is try our best, and attempt to improve, and be sincere when we do pray. We are all "works in progress", but we can never actually get "there".

dpoutdoor

Ten Pointer
I pray several times everyday, about everything really.. I normally only pray for guidance, Thanking god for my blessings, and for forgiveness for myself. most of my prayers are for others

Last edited:

Rubline

Twelve Pointer
most of my prayers are for others

When I see bad situations on the news or see people in trouble or struggling I'm always asking God to help these situations and the people involved and their loved ones and families. I pray a lot for other people.