Worst Pawn Shop Experience Ever - Rant

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Smart watches are coming on strong too......phone and computer...more, all on your wrist combined with a fashion statement.

The new field of medical monitoring is watch based...B/P, Glucose, and more can be monitored via a watch and changes or alerts sent directly to your Doctor.

This is a big new tech field emerging.

INdeed, I am seeing more and more of these every day, from both young folks and those my age.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
Still, just about ever one in "business" or a professional capacity I encounter has quality watch on.

Many young professionals still get a nice watch (Omega, Rolex etc.) for Graduation from College to enter the corporate environment....engraved from parents.

Pilots, other servicemen still as a tradition get one upon graduation.

Watches are still a strong business, especially the used retro/vintage ones.....check out some of the ebay sites....many appreciate in value.

Read article on plane recently about various watch makers school, and how hard it is to get in some of them.

Part of the "wardrobe" for many and dress for success......;)

This. I wear a rolex M-F and a casio G shock on the weekends. Its pretty much a given in my profession that most if not all the executives I work for and with have a nice watch. I ascribe to buy once cry once. Sure not everyone can buy an expensive watch, however, not everyone buys an expensive rifle with expensive glass either.
Now for the record I totaly understand why the pawn shop laughed them out of there. Probably has all manor of young tweakers coming in looking to pawn garbage for their next fix.