Sports Authority

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Just saw on the news they are closing all 800 of their stores by August and will be having liquidation sales. Just about perfect timing if you need shoes or sports gear for the kids before school starts back up!

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I think I posted about them filing a while back, hoping they would restructure and right the ship. Sad to see I was wrong.

800 stores closing and none are close to me makes me even sadder :((

Although, is there possibly a link? hmmmmm

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
They closed the one in my town about 2 months ago. They supposedly had a huge "sale", but the prices were not close to a sale. I believe a liquidation company buys the store/merchandise and then sells it for whatever they can get. I looked all thru the hunting/fishing/kayak prices and they all seemed to be more expensive than when the store was actually open. I walked out without buying anything.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
They closed the one in my town about 2 months ago. They supposedly had a huge "sale", but the prices were not close to a sale. I believe a liquidation company buys the store/merchandise and then sells it for whatever they can get. I looked all thru the hunting/fishing/kayak prices and they all seemed to be more expensive than when the store was actually open. I walked out without buying anything.

Yep...I had to do a project in school on liquidations once. A liquidation company comes in and starts by RAISING prices, then slowly drops them to sell everything they can.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Yep...I had to do a project in school on liquidations once. A liquidation company comes in and starts by RAISING prices, then slowly drops them to sell everything they can.

They also pepper the store with new items that they bring in.