Anyone ever buy a boat from Cabela's?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I found the answer to this......

You dont...
Most 5 months.
Got to boat back not long back.
It works better, but slower and the fix caused other problems....

Nothing but problems and slow service and delayed because they did not know what to do and not sure Lowe did also
I found out something today. Lowe is owed by Brunswick Marine. I have a buddy that bought a 35K boat of another brand that is also owned by Brunswick. He is a full time guide and the paint is coming off in sheets, has had numerous wiring and plumbing issues and it has been back to the dealer weeks on end. Now they are wanting him to send the boat back to Mo. for paint for 4-6 weeks and are not offering him any form of reparations for him being out of a boat which he makes his living off of.

Appears they have a track record of less than stellar customer service.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I found out something today. Lowe is owed by Brunswick Marine. I have a buddy that bought a 35K boat of another brand that is also owned by Brunswick. He is a full time guide and the paint is coming off in sheets, has had numerous wiring and plumbing issues and it has been back to the dealer weeks on end. Now they are wanting him to send the boat back to Mo. for paint for 4-6 weeks and are not offering him any form of reparations for him being out of a boat which he makes his living off of.

yep
sounds like the same thing.

I really think Cabelas is planning to low ball me on a buy back but Im going in open to talk and work with them.

I also tell you this.
After digging out some paperwork I plan to treat them like they do or try to do to me.......

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
yep
sounds like the same thing.

I really think Cabelas is planning to low ball me on a buy back but Im going in open to talk and work with them.

I also tell you this.
After digging out some paperwork I plan to treat them like they do or try to do to me.......
He is starting an attorney search tomorrow.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
He is starting an attorney search tomorrow.

I ask a few and no one wants to tackle them because it would take 3 states.
Cabelas Corp, cabelas Garner and Lowe MFG.
Said the best thing was detailed notes, take the best deal to keep or buy back and go after Cabelas Garner because they sold, serviced, and did the warranty work and could have picked to return to Lowe.

So if they Low ball me just go after the difference and time with lost use...
If I can force them tomorrow to refund me money or adjust the deal to cost it would be best.
They dont make money, I dont lose any money
We both would lose time dealing with it.
Wish I could find what there margins are say 15% then go after a 10 to 15% refund, I could make the boat work, get a deal for taking what amounts to a used or demo boat and we both move on.

Other than that I will be a thorn in there side and lobby for a state law for boaters rights and state laws for dealers selling junk boats.

Bailey Boat

Twelve Pointer
Their mediation staff has done some amazing feats with manufacturers and dealers. They do carry some clout in the boating world. Worth a try...

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns

off topic but i would not spend a penny on anything associated with Brunswick Marine. I have a little inside knowledge about their manufacturing standards or lack there of. things like no over sight of the guys working the chopper guns leading to huge hull thickness variations and ballasting poorly made boats with concrete. This was on one of their fiberglass lines but any company who chooses to operate like that does not bode well for anything they are associated with.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Their mediation staff has done some amazing feats with manufacturers and dealers. They do carry some clout in the boating world. Worth a try...

Will join tomorrow at the boat show.
Was told they will be there.
Also checked and they service all the lakes in my area of use.

straightline

Ten Pointer
I ask a few and no one wants to tackle them because it would take 3 states.
Cabelas Corp, cabelas Garner and Lowe MFG.
Said the best thing was detailed notes, take the best deal to keep or buy back and go after Cabelas Garner because they sold, serviced, and did the warranty work and could have picked to return to Lowe.

So if they Low ball me just go after the difference and time with lost use...
If I can force them tomorrow to refund me money or adjust the deal to cost it would be best.
They dont make money, I dont lose any money
We both would lose time dealing with it.
Wish I could find what there margins are say 15% then go after a 10 to 15% refund, I could make the boat work, get a deal for taking what amounts to a used or demo boat and we both move on.

Other than that I will be a thorn in there side and lobby for a state law for boaters rights and state laws for dealers selling junk boats.

I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and he didn't think the three state case would apply. Cabelas is a NC corporation and that is who you directly dealt with. I would be livid by now and probably in jail. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
I was talking to a lawyer friend of mine and he didn't think the three state case would apply. Cabelas is a NC corporation and that is who you directly dealt with. I would be livid by now and probably in jail. Good luck.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I had to walk away several times.
At one point I carried a friend with to stand back and film because I thought the cops would be needed or I would need the video to use in court.

Lets just say it is not easy to know they are doing the same thing over and over to people. Lowe stated they have told Cabelas to use normal sales standards selling boats. Water test the boat, with or without the new owner then do a demo, shake down run with the buyer.
They said it should have been water tested to start and then also with me.

All of this would not be a problem if it was water tested and not just doing paperwork. The boat could be returned to Lowe, Boat could have been refused by Me and Cabelas, no taxes or title and tags done before it was safe to use.

Next time they get to the point they offer me 3500 lest then I paid or thst they can not refund sales tax on items or they only make 7 to 11% on what they sell for boats and boating, I think the cops will be called.