Caught some nice smallies

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Two of us fishing caught around 90 fish. 60-70 were smallmouth between 0.5-3 pounds. Rest were mixed. bream, chubs, trout
Broke off a couple more daymakers in the rocks with 6lb test ultralights

Can anyone tell me where I am??? (see pics)

IMG_2474.jpg

IMG_2475.jpg

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like either Watauga or Avery county am I close? And nice day of fishing I'm looking forward to wading the creeks this weekend. I've been catching some smallies on rebel crawfish but no real big ones

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Looks like either Watauga or Avery county am I close? And nice day of fishing I'm looking forward to wading the creeks this weekend. I've been catching some smallies on rebel crawfish but no real big ones

You're close. Think more south.
All of the juvi smallmouth came on panther martins, and dad was getting some decent fish on rebel craws.

All of the big fish were on free lined live crawdads with no weight and a no.2 hook.
Water was super clear and we were sight fishing for the big fish. Awesome to see the whole presentation and hookup.

Also caught some good fish on artificial 3' crawdads. Watermelon color and neon red. The neon reds got harder strikes from bigger fish.

Bite was awesome from 7-10am, then shut down till about 1. Bite picked back up 1-4, but had to leave them biting for the walk out. Got back to vehicle at 6:30.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Very nice pics and some good fishing there don't know how far you walked but there are some good spots off forest service road to

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Great day! I have not caught a smallmouth in years. One of the best fighting freshwater fish around!

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
We got lucky. Clouded up around 4 and the breeze started blowing up the river.

Ive come out of there on some days in that scorching sun and couldn't hardly bear it.

Luckily the understory has finally grown back up after the '07 fire. Got a little shade back.

Ticks are pretty bad in there this year though.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Dnag ticks hard to keep premethrin on wading clothes. like to go in Oct mid is really well for comfort and fish biting as well