Trolling for Stripers at Jordan

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Plan on going to Jordan Lake this weekend to troll for stripers. (Never fished for stripers before.)

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

JP

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Wish I could help ya. We tried it for 3 years with very minimal success. We were trolling buck tails on leaded line, best i recall its 3 1/2 per color on lead line. We tried a couple umbrella rigs but they were constantly getting snagged it seemed like. I think most of the guys that really catch the stripers around here catch them on live bait.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Plan on going to Jordan Lake this weekend to troll for stripers. (Never fished for stripers before.)

Anybody have any advice?

Thanks

JP

there really used to be one prime area in summer for the stripers, the south side of hwy 64 down to the entrance of the s turns going to the dam. They used to be so shallow that a flat lined #9 shad rap would get to them.

but that was before recent stockings. We had a poster here that was hammering them late evenings. i dont know how well they have "came back"

Good Luck if you go.

Last edited:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
there really used to be one prime area in summer for the stripers, the south side of hwy 64 down to the entrance of the s turns going to the dam. They used to be so shallow that a flat lined #9 shad rap would get to them.

but that was before recent stockings. We had a poster here that was hammering them late evenings. i dont know how well they have "came back"

Good Luck if you go.
He still hammers them. He just posts on other places.