waders

Shine

Six Pointer
Contributor
What waders do you use and do they last? what price range do you pay? I always seem to rip mine in to many spots to repair.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
Wing supply has a pretty good sale on right now. I've worn cabelas for years, but got a pair of macks after the season last year, and also ordered a pair of breathables from wing supply and they're macks too.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Cabelas ultimate hunting waders. ride very high with velcro shoulder straps. Warm and comfortable.

quackNcluck

Six Pointer
I go cheap bc Ive found they hold out just as well as a high dollar pair. I have the Academy brand and don't have any complaints...they were $70 new

skydog

I'm going on year 5 with my current set of Cabelas waders and closing day of this past season was the first time they've sprung a leak on me, and I've been pretty darn rough on them. When the time comes to buy another pair though I'll be shopping around because I think Cabelas quality and customer service have gone downhill a bit over the last few years.

92xj

Eight Pointer
LLbean breathable.
In them from 85 degrees to -5 with wind and feet of snow.
Life time warrantee no questions asked.
Worth every penny for that.

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
Whatever brand you decide if you hunt mainly in NC get yourself some breathables if you don't already use them. It will be the best thing you can do for yourself

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
Going into my third season with the Cabela SuperMags. Prior pair was Lacrosse Brush Tough waders. The Supermags are warm during the early season

rutnstrut

Ten Pointer
Going into my third season with the Cabela SuperMags. Prior pair was Lacrosse Brush Tough waders. The Supermags are warm during the early season

They are warm but they are the toughest waders I have owned. I have a pair of breathables for early season.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Breathable in NC for most all situations except when standing in ice cold water for long periods. Use a heavy duty, insulated wader for that and for busting around in the swamps.

CountryRN

Twelve Pointer
10 plus years of hunting in the same Cabela's supermags. I used to hunt in some very difficult areas to get to. Beaver trimmings, thick briers, sharp rocks, breaking ice and climbing up and over ditch banks along with in and out of the boat. If they fell completely apart right now, I have more than gotten my money out of them; and would buy another pair tomorrow without question.

92xj

Eight Pointer
Yup. They the best

Quality has dropped off and so has customer service and return policy.

After finally biting the bullet and buying breathables after years of hunts in every weather system you can dream of,every swamp obstacle, Russian olive 2 inch thorn crawling, sliding down ice and rock falling events, I'll never go back to neoprene. LLbeans life guarantee no questions asked replacement is good enough for me. Though I don't expect to use that much it is nice knowing they have the guarantee. This season I hunted in 80+ degree weather down to the negatives, in every situation described above and the waders held up and I have no issues. Never got cold or wet. Roughly 50 hunts during the 107 day season.

fabes468

Quality has dropped off and so has customer service and return policy.

After finally biting the bullet and buying breathables after years of hunts in every weather system you can dream of,every swamp obstacle, Russian olive 2 inch thorn crawling, sliding down ice and rock falling events, I'll never go back to neoprene. LLbeans life guarantee no questions asked replacement is good enough for me. Though I don't expect to use that much it is nice knowing they have the guarantee. This season I hunted in 80+ degree weather down to the negatives, in every situation described above and the waders held up and I have no issues. Never got cold or wet. Roughly 50 hunts during the 107 day season.

I never had any problems

Jmac

That lifetime guarantee is real cool and all but when you kick a beaver snag and dont realize it til you step in ice cold water ABOVE the 3 inch gash in your waders and that cold water fills your boot up, but its still early and you want to keep hunting, your'e now wishing you had tougher waders on your cold :donk:donk:donk. Once back home the lifetime guarantee becomes real cool again.

92xj

Eight Pointer
I reckon id pay better attention walking. Name a wader that won't fail with a certain situation, just one, go ahead.

Jmac

I reckon id pay better attention walking. Name a wader that won't fail with a certain situation, just one, go ahead.

Guess you never tripped over anything in the dark......and sure any wader, ANYTHING for that matter can fail but I'll lessen the odds when I can.