braided rod covers/protectors

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Anyone using them.
All it is .... just a braided wire cover.

They were running 10 to 12 each now seeing them in the 4 to 6$ making it about time to try them.

my thought was a brighter color easy to see and somewhat easier to load and unload from truck to boat or moving to house.
Any thoughts on them and how they work... Like or dislike?

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I use the bass pro brand that slides over the reel mounted on the rod. Have worked well for me for years. Keeps from banging reels up.

GTC

I have some that I use and I like them. Helps keeps the rods from getting tangled in the lines of each other.

I didn't worry about getting baitcasting and spinning rod ones. I just got ones that will fit large eye spinning rods that way I could use them on multiple rods. I have some that are for 7-8' rods and 6-7' rods. I need to get a few more

Last edited:

mbh78

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I use them and they are worth it. I usually have 15 or 20 rods in the rod box on my boat, and with the covers on, there is no more tangled lines to sort through. If I want the rod on the bottom, it's no problem. Bass Pro runs a sale every couple of months and you can get them for $3.97 each.

spectac

Button Buck
I use 'em on all my rods. Switching over to the Lew's brand because they have an elastic band that holds them on. Lost a few regular ones while driving with the rods in an upright rod holder. It's quite nice not to have all the rods getting tangled up together