Hen with poult

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
We have a healthy population here around the house. Usually 15+ hens a bunch of jakes and a few long beards. They've been broken up for a while. The two groups I see the most include 2 hens with 5-7 poults each(haven't seen them lately) and 3 hens with 2 poults(one full chicken sized one bantam sized). This second group is in my yard daily.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
Saw 2 hens with about 10 nearly grown poults yesterday. Had to look closely to tell them apart in the woods, almost the same height and girth.
Thought that the ferals and yotes had wiped them out in that drainage but they are back in reduced numbers [used to be a 30 bird flock in there].
Very happy to see them.

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
So far been seeing decent poult survival just not as many mature hens that have them as I'd like to see going to put up 3 cameras next week see what may see that can't see riding around

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
My cameras have had nothing but hens, jakes and one longbeard. What I've seen with my own eyes, and what is currently on my survey card is 11 gobblers, 0 hens, 0 poults.

hawglips

Old Mossy Horns
My cameras have had nothing but hens, jakes and one longbeard. What I've seen with my own eyes, and what is currently on my survey card is 11 gobblers, 0 hens, 0 poults.

I've only seen 2 gobblers, and 2 hens with 3 poults.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
I haven't seen the first poult this year, but I don't really frequent the areas I would see em much in the summer either.

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Heard a turkey gobble twice this morning on the edge of our new 22 acre clear cut:D

Last edited:

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Seen a hen and 4 poults in Duplin yesterday evening just outside of Beulaville. The poults were almost as big as the hen.

blgoose

Bad bad bad year in my area I hope it is booming in the rest of the state.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
My son seen a hen with 4 poults this am, where we seen her a month or so ago,when she first hatched, he said they are bigger than a quail.

Lucky Clucker

Old Mossy Horns
Got some more pics of hens and poults, Got a a smoley hen with 2 or 3 and 3 more hens with 2 or so a piece, they all in same pics.

wolfman

Old Mossy Horns
Land owner said he saw 22 turkeys in his field yesterday and 10 were poults. Best news I've had in a while.

25contender

Twelve Pointer
I have seen more polts and gobblers since turkey season ended then I have seen in a long long time.

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I saw a hen with several young ones the size of quail on my way to work this morning, they were in a flock of several more that had poults that were almost grown. I hope they are old enough to be hard feathered before the first freeze.

TarheelTurkey

Six Pointer
db7b6da2d69d8a9e67c89b98c361a337.jpg
most of the back yard birds

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
Seen the 5 jakes I wa sgetting pics from this past spring are still around running together couple them could be in trouble come April