Looking for a Surface Drive Boat

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
Hi, I am looking to buy a surface drive motor and boat, I would appreciate any advice, recommendations, input on a good dealer or source. Input form those with experience is welcome.

EGrdneck

Muddy bay marine in SC can hook you up....and they are a dealer for boss pro drives (surface drive motor) look up the boss engine on youtube

labman63

Ten Pointer
If you have FB look up Brett Tiller, he has one for sale. I did have his number but can't find it. He lives in Prince George Va

Mathews Archer

Six Pointer
I bought a boat from them a while back and after the first year, I took it back to them for them to service it. I specifically mentioned what I wanted done. When they finished I got the bill and it was over the top crazy expensive. I looked over the bill and they did things that I never asked for. They said well its part of the package you wanted, I said no i wanted this this and this done. Come to find out they didn't even check/fix my main concern. (I had to take it to a lawnmower shop to get it fixed because the idiots up there overlooked what I asked for) Anyways, I paid the bill and the owner said that he would give me back another 100 bucks. Well he never did. I called and called and he wouldn't return my phone call. He's a lying prick. I would go somewhere else other than muddy bay. Even their employees were talking trash about the owner.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
If he lied about it and did work not on the work order or ask for? Why did you pay?
If he offered you money back why not deduct it from the work order and never pay to start vs pay and wait for a refund.

I talked fo them several times on the phone and they sent me info, pictures, and quotes on several boats.
Always were helpfull.

Jmac

Note to self......don't buy from Muddy Bay, never have I seen Philip aka Mathews Archer so intense.

Hydemarsh

Six Pointer
I have found that Eastern Powersports in Goldsboro and Greenville sell both ProDrive and Excel ( with Mud Buddy Motor) boats.
Have not bought one yet, seem ok so far and seem willing to deal. Any experience with these guys?

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
DONT GO TO MUDDY BAY! they are crooked and will lie to you.

I was a few minutes from making the ride down there to get a boat and all of a sudden it was out of stock and the order price had risen 2k. Glad I did not waste that four hour trip each way.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I have found that Eastern Powersports in Goldsboro and Greenville sell both ProDrive and Excel ( with Mud Buddy Motor) boats.
Have not bought one yet, seem ok so far and seem willing to deal. Any experience with these guys?

I bought my Can-am from them years ago and they are great with ATV's. Not sure about boats tho. I bought mine from Precision Marine in Goldsboro, but dont think they deal in surface drives.