Game of Thrones

kahunter

Eight Pointer
I liked battle of the bastards but I loved the lats episode. I am so glad it didnt leave a bunch of cliff hangers like season 5. It wrapped up some stories and set people on the next one. Season five was the weakest season by far for me.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Anyone have a link or way to watch it online? I had hbo go....but password has expired. Im trying to finish up the last couple episodes.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Arya is gonna kill everyone who wronged the Stark house. If she and Snow get together there might not be anything left of Westros for the mother of dragons to take over.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Arya is gonna kill everyone who wronged the Stark house. If she and Snow get together there might not be anything left of Westros for the mother of dragons to take over.

maybe but what will she do with her sister? sansa and littlefinger may not be so keen on jon and Arya running the show.

Doc

Twelve Pointer
I absolutely love this show. It's up there with sons of anarchy for me.

Started it in June and finished the last episode last night. So glad Ramsay is gone, but I fear he got Sansa pregnant. Arya is a little bad :donk:donk:donk:donk:donk.

Can anyone clear this up to make sure I got it right. Jon is an inbred child of Ned and his sister, correct? That scene in the tower when bran followed bed upstairs... That was Ned's sister laying on the bed, right? That threw a dang monkey wrench in everything, making me think back to Robert and Ned being buddies.

If Jon snow is an inbred of ned and his sister, well then he's more stark than the other stark kids that are alive. So excited for next season.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I dont think jon is neds son at all. Just think about why ned would have to fake a bastard son and bring him home to his wife....

Jon is very much stark...and maybe a but of a dragon.

firefightertrey

Eight Pointer
Jon isn't Ned's son it's his nephew. Jon dad was Targaryen. Him an Danaerys are actual cousins. Jon sister was supposed to wed king robert but she was in love with the targaryen can't remember his name. An had his son which is Jon. Ned raised him as his on because the king would have killed him.

I think I have that right. Lol

Leo

Banned
He is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (son of the mad king) and Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister). He is Daenarys's nephew and Sansa's cousin.

Targaryen's are resistant to fire, starks resistant to cold. First book is a song of fire and ice. Jon is going to have a big part in the war to come.

Last edited:

Doc

Twelve Pointer
He is the son of Rhaegar Targaryen (son of the mad king) and Lyanna Stark (Ned's sister). He is Daenarys's nephew and Sansa's cousin.

Targaryen's are resistant to fire, starks resistant to cold. First book is a song of fire and ice. Jon is going to have a big part in the war to come.

Ok ok. That makes sense. Ned claimed him as his bastard son, bc king Robert would've killed him if he knew he was lyanna's kid by another man (targaryen). So lyanna died from that childbirth? Not by how they said in the show???

This next season is gonna be interesting.

On a side note, how hot is danaerys??? Phew. Smoking hot.

Last edited:

Leo

Banned
Ok ok. That makes sense. Ned claimed him as his bastard son, bc king Robert would've killed him if he knew he was lyanna's kid by another man (targaryen). So lyanna died from that childbirth? Not by how they said in the show???

Exactly! They killed all of Rhaegars other children, Jon would have been next. Shows how honorable Ned really was, dragging his reputation in the mud to save his nephews life and raise him as his own.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
He would not have killed him because the girl had a baby from another man...he would have killed him because he would have a claim to the throne.

So as it sits....jon has more claim to the historic throne than any lanister....but the lanisters have the throne. This is why Ned never gave him the stark name. He is a stark through his mother...but his rightful name is targaryian...and king.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Kinda sad i have to wait 9 months for more

well maybe even more of a wait. this may really impact me as direct tv has given free previews on the debut weekend so i get to dvr all of the prior season and see the first episode of the new year.

not sure if they keep that trend if the debut is delayed. sure hope so. Getting all those copies from the library is a problem.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/201...tors-reveal-season-seven-premiere-will-be-de/

skydog

Jon isn't Ned's son it's his nephew. Jon dad was Targaryen. Him an Danaerys are actual cousins. Jon sister was supposed to wed king robert but she was in love with the targaryen can't remember his name. An had his son which is Jon. Ned raised him as his on because the king would have killed him.

I think I have that right. Lol

I feel like there's a generation being added here. Danaerys is the daughter of the mad king. Jon Snow is the son of the mad king...not the son of the mad king's son? Right? That would make him and Danaerys brother and sister (not aunt-nephew)? I could be missing something here though if anyone wants to elaborate.

Last edited by a moderator:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Jon's father was the mad kings brother if im not mistaken. All of dragon queens brothers are gone...jon is her nephew. He has more claim to throne. Once the mad king was killed, his sons and brothers would have claim. The sons and brothers were exterminated except for one. He was killed by Drogo earlier on. Jons claim would override her own claim because his father had claim. Mainly because he is a male.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Jon's father was the mad kings brother if im not mistaken. All of dragon queens brothers are gone...jon is her nephew. He has more claim to throne. Once the mad king was killed, his sons and brothers would have claim. The sons and brothers were exterminated except for one. He was killed by Drogo earlier on. Jons claim would override her own claim because his father had claim. Mainly because he is a male.

Jon's father is Son of the Mad King and Brother to Dany.

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns

males dont seem to fare too well in GOT. :)

skydog

Jon's father is Son of the Mad King and Brother to Dany.

This is where I lose you. Isn't the only son of the mad king (that we know of) the creep brother of Danaerys from season 1 who ends up getting killed by Drago? Jon Snow and Danaeyrs are roughly the same age, so how is there another generation thrown in here that fathered jon snow? It would seem like Snow and Dany would have to be brothers or cousins...?

Leo

Banned
The mad king had an older son named Rhaegar that Robert Baratheon killed in battle at the Trident. Season 1 you see Arya and the butchers boy talking about Rhaegars rubies that came off his breastplate when Robert caved his chest in with a war hammer. Rhaegars wife was Elia Martell of Dorne. The mountain raped her and killed all their children. Oberyn Martell tried to avenge her by killing the mountain in Tyrions trial by combat, unsuccessfully. Rhaegar was set to be king when the mad king died. Viserys was next in line, khal drogo killed him with gold.

Doc

Twelve Pointer

Jlewis74

Old Mossy Horns
Please people, do yourselves all a huge favor and read every book.

I tried I don't have that much time, there are places online where you can get kind of a cliff notes version that fills the gaps between the show and the books.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
nowhere near what i meant lol

Never wanted to read a set of books so much.

Sorry to bring up an older thread, but I ignored it until I finished the season.

I HATE GOT!!! Every TIME I get to liking somebody, they get killed!! I swear my wife snickers behind the door when I'm watching days or weeks delayed, just to hear me yell "Oh, WTF!????!!!! :mad:" lol.

This is a different kind of show. Hollywood is SOOOOOO predicatable. Heck, even the mainstream media is predictable. Any movie you pay $8 to go see, you can tell pretty early on who's going to live, who's going to die, who's going to win/lose etc.

Try that $h!t with GoT!!! lol

Every year I say I'm done watching, especially when Jon Snow died, I said "that's it, I won't watch anymore".......But....I did. And when he came back I was and still am kind of ticked. But I kept watching (weeks late) just to convince myself I can live without it. The last few episodes............No greater entertainment exists..........period.

Not in cinema, not in TV, not in books. Books, don't have music. Movies don't have dozens of hours of plot buildup to a few seconds of vengeance. TV doesn't have anything close period.

$100 million per year? That's chump change. GoT literally could go on for 10 plus years from right now. NBC offered Seinfeld $100 million for 1 last SEASON!!! 4 actors!!! Small Set!!! 20 Years ago!!!

Got is ALL over the place, 20 main characters etc. $100 million is CHEAP!!

I've never seen such worth while entertainment from my TV. Ever. Many generations never will either.