Goose Burgers

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
Got most of this recipe from a Cabelas catalog and modified it slightly. Cooked them up on the grill and they were quite tasty. Many had no idea they were eating nasty ol geese until they were told......haha. Give it a try and see what you think.
Start by grinding 6 goosebreast halves skinned and trimmed (3 Canada geese)
Grind 1 1/2 lb of thick cut bacon
6 jalapenos split,seeded and grind with meat
medium sized onion grind with meat
4 cloves minced garlic
3 eggs mix with meat
1 1/2 cup bread crumbs
Salt and pepper to taste
Couple granny smith apples minus core ground and added to meat

Gonna make a few additions on the next batch and see how it goes. So if you have some left from last season give it a try, I think you will like it. Looks dry while cooking was a little worried but very moist when you actually bite into it. Enjoy!

Last edited:

genesis27:3

Old Mossy Horns
Everytime my wife sees a flock of geese fly over, she refers to them as a flock of "gooseburger steaks"! I grind them all to burger and make hamburger steaks.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I bbq mine and most think it's beef. I'll have to try grinding them

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
I bbq mine and most think it's beef. I'll have to try grinding them

Have done that as well. In a crockpot with coffee and seasoning amazing how much it tastes like beef. Another favorite is with apple cider in a crockpot shred when done cooking and a good eastern style vinegar sauce. Eat on a bun with slaw like a bbq sandwich. Love eating them as much as hunting them!

92xj

Eight Pointer
Man , anyone have any laying around they want to sell......that recipe sounds great !

I still have just shy of 50 pounds of goose breast left, you're more than welcome to come get some.

When I bust out the grinder for the next batch of duck summer sausage I'll have to grind a few geese to try this recipe.

Gadwall

Ten Pointer
I grill goose burgers all the time. Use them in chili, spaghetti, etc. too. You can do the same thing with tundra swan. Here are some I cooked while tailgating at a football game. There are never any leftovers.

attachment.php

Attachments

• 62_n.jpg
    62_n.jpg
    40.7 KB · Views: 5