Boot dryers

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
I wear irish setter elk trackers on a daily basis.... Have severe plantar facitis in both feet and theyre the only boots that dont hurt. Problem is i buy a pear wear em down and start over. Well its almost july and i am still in my winter set 1000g thinsulade and man do my boots stink. Plus wet socks make for itchy feet. Is a boot dryer a worthy buy for that kinda problem and can yall suggest me one for a decent price. Putten em over the air vent isnt working too great. Also, any form of odor eater for boot stink? Yea i know shutup and buy another pair lol but i get my 250$ worth out of them

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I have a set of Peet's boot dryers, as does my dad. We use them religiously during hunting season. They work like a champ. I also bought the extensions for my 1000g neoprene waders for trapping season. Wading through beaver swamps in those things will make you sweat. The boot dryers are worth their weight in gold. With normal sweat, it usually only takes an hour or so to dry out a set of boots. Maybe a little longer for the waders.

Hunting in November/December in Pennsylvania, a set of damp boots will cause you misery the next day due to the cold. We usually hike about 1-2 miles a day in the mountains, then sit for 3-4 hours on a tree stand. Damp boots make it miserable, especially when you get older and can't handle the cold for longer periods of time.

I wouldn't trade my Peet's for anything.

I got mine at Bass Pro.

Last edited:

BLOODBROTHER

Twelve Pointer
if you can pay 250 for boots, what's another 30 for a boot dryer. It's a no brainier for me. I've used them for years and I'd pay double that.

Tony Hawkins

Eight Pointer
I have the Advantage Peet dryer with the blower in the middle. Love it because you can choose heat or no heat, and with extensions it dries waders between morning and afternoon hunts. Also use it for muckboots, football cleats, etc.
I think the Peet brand like this runs $80. I saw an off-brand copy at Academy for $60. However, Peet customer service is awesome. My blower stopped working last year, and they mailed me another one for $8 shipping.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Yes, boot dryers are definitely worth it. It dries and reduces odor.

I take mine with me on out of state hunts. If you wear rubber boots the whole day, putting them on a boot dryer at night is a must. When I first started wearing rubber boots out of state (hunting all day) my boots would be wet when I put them on the next morning. Wet boots in 25 degree weather is a bad start to the day.

Last edited:

Buxndiverdux

Old Mossy Horns
The boot driers are worth every penny IMO. Ours gets used every month. My wife uses them to dry out the kids shoes after a swim in the washing machine.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I have a peet dryer. Works great. Mine uses heat and i havent noticed anything significant on damage other than everyday wear and tear.

stiab

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
In the meantime try rolled up newspapers and/or paper towels, amazing the amount of moisture that get absorbed, much more than you would imagine.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Fungus/bacteria doesn't grow as well in them if they're on the dryer every night. I use one every night for whatever boots I wore for work that day. Helps with athletes foot (among many ways to help prevent)

Last edited:

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I work in civil construction. My feet get soaked from time to time. They dont make a boot that will stay waterproof in the long term that isnt rubber. The dryers dry them out in time for the next day.

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Are yall buying the ones that you stick the boots upside down on or the egg shaped ones that just drop in? Looking at cabelas

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I use the ones where the boot is upside down on the stand and the dryer goes with me on all overnight hunting trips. Dry feet are happy feet!

GrizzlyBear

Old Mossy Horns
Sounds like first step is to get some uninsulated boots for summer. Won't cost you any extra money since you wear them year around. It will just extend the life of your insulated boots and your feet won't be so miserable. I couldn't stand that in summer.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Are yall buying the ones that you stick the boots upside down on or the egg shaped ones that just drop in? Looking at cabelas

I use the upside down Peet's. Like I said before, if you wear waders for fishing or hunting, pick up a set of the extensions....

Lou

Eight Pointer
Don't laugh but I've been using two salvaged computer cooling fans to dry my boots for the past 20 years and they work great. Mine are 110v but I just built a "new" pair using salvaged 12v fans and a salvaged 12v "wall wart" power adapter taken from an old phone answering machine.

I place one fan in each boot, aimed to blow downward into the boot. Friction holds each fan in place about halfway down into the boot. Air blows down but gaps between the fan and boot allow the air to blow up past the fan. Works fine overnight even in winter, I leave the boots in my garage and they're always dry in the morning. No heat necessary.

You can spend a lot more but this method works and you can't beat the price!

Lou