47aa5bffcbb153dae6b4ed939f8686b0.jpg
ab4c2e27dc740a83b1809abd2c27b4f4.jpg
b14f01fd49d267033c29724b89266776.jpg
8ca86eddc6d1c67c6fc305163655d665.jpg
f5d11393d50468cfbc0bb25d0421332b.jpg

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
Oh, and this pic......not gonna explain it....just gonna leave this right here. :D
bf0af0caca0e4b61567bb691af807286.jpg

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lots of things to do, people(and others) to meet.

Sent from my VS985 4G using Tapatalk

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
So much fun. Had an awesome day on the boat with some great folks, hilarious stories being told every night, and some of the best food around all weekend.

Huge thanks to Mike and Connie for putting this on for everyone. I can't wait to get down there again!

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I echo Zombie's comments above and have already started making plans to get off a day earlier next year so that should a spot on the tuna slaying boats come available..I'll be right there.
Thanks to Mike and Connie for opening up their awesome place to us and for standing for hours at that grill and doing such an awesome job at keeping that rowdy crowd in line.

QuietButDeadly

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It is always a great time shared with like minded folks, one of my favorite weekends of the year. The food is hard to beat but the camaraderie is what makes it special.

Thank you Mike and Connie for sharing your slice of paradise with all who are willing to come. Sorry we missed seeing Hayley this year but it was good to visit with old friends and and the first time attendees.

And the weather this year could not have been better. Wind off the lake kept the bugs at bay and the mild temperatures were very comfortable. Could not ask for better.

And as usual, I already have it on my calendar for next year.

Last edited:

appmtnhntr

Twelve Pointer
Good to see that Jesse took care of you guys on Friday.

I love that boat. Great layout and she raises fish!!!

Gilly

Ten Pointer
Man, yall hammered the fish! Congrats! Looks like the weather smoothed out a little bit for you from what was forecasted.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Thanks again, Mike and Connie! Always a great time with great folks. Weather wise, it was probably the best day we've ever had. Overcast with a strong wind blowing. Only disappointment was the wind blowing to hard to get on the water with a kayak.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns
Looks like both boats hammered the tuna.

The GTG always looks like a fun time.

I'm sure there's some pics from the Legacy around as well! By far the best GTG fishing trip yet! We had a blast, and again, many thanks to the Noles!

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thank you Mike and Connie! Kelly and I had a blast. We will definitely be there next year and will bring the kids! We saw 3 bears on the ride back to 64. From 64 back to New Bern we saw 61 deer.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Lol! It was just a peaceful nap on the dock

He was just horsing around after being roped into trying some new and exciting fodder. Having to be put out to pasture at his age just means that he wasn't quite stable and may need to rein back on putting on the feedbag.:donk:greenjump: :)
You can't go galloping rough shod over some of those hurdles, sometimes you get winded and just need a cool down. :D

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
He was just horsing around after being roped into trying some new and exciting fodder. Being put out to pasture at his age just means that he's not quite stable and my need to rein back on putting on the feedbag.:donk:greenjump: :)

good one,,,,,,,,,

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
Again, thanks to Mike and Connie for opening their place for great fun, food and fellowship. It was good to see some new faces this year. If you get the chance to come you won't be disappointed. Great fishing again and all three boats brought back a load..

Avery Creek

Twelve Pointer
The hospitality Mike and his family offer is second to none. It was great to get back and see old friends and meet some new folks. It was wild to realize this was the 15th year of this event and all but one member from the 1st year were in attendance. It was a great weekend and I want to thank everyone for being so kind to my three crumb snatchers.

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
The hospitality Mike and his family offer is second to none. It was great to get back and see old friends and meet some new folks. It was wild to realize this was the 15th year of this event and all but one member from the 1st year were in attendance. It was a great weekend and I want to thank everyone for being so kind to my three crumb snatchers.
Crumb snatchers ? Your boy is just like ya he ate his weight in Tuna 😀
Thanks Mike and Connie for your hospitality and friendship.... I had a blast meeting up with everyone.... eating some good eats.... and playing tag with the bears

Last edited:

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
It took till 11:45 pm Monday night for me to really be able to contribute to this thread. It took a full WEEK of evenings after work just to prepare to be a GUEST at this get together! I can not fathom what it must take to host it. We are so appreciative it's hard to put into words how we feel about Mike, Connie, and Hayley giving up so much to do this for us every year. This year was so special due to so many factors, but missing just a couple/few people makes such a huge difference.

In a nutshell, here's how my weekend went (I'm going to leave out a few things, so people don't get beaten up :mad: )

First, called for ROUGH seas going back 5 days before the fishing trip. I mean 5-9 with 5 seconds!!!! So since I have been sea sick 1 time in my whole fishing life (probably 15-20 times past shore) I decided to take Bonine, Starting Thursday at lunch. we arrive at the marina, head on out, and within 30 minutes, with a 99 degree 99% humidity sweat going on (it was in the 70's and pretty dry out) I started to feel.......BAD!!!! :mad: Windrunner hooked me up with some of her medicine and no kidding 5 minutes later I was fine. We went on to fishing and it's hard to explain how awesome the fishing was. Imagine WANTING time to take a nap, but you can't because every 15-20 minutes, it's "fish on!!" And what I like about our boat is even when it wasn't their turn, people woke up and came out to cheer on the person('s) reeling in the fish. We literally filled a charter boat's cooler, had to stuff the last fish in the ice maker!! :greenjump: An EPIC day of fishing to be certain!!!

Then, you have to come back to Conmans, and somehow mix the preparation of the next day while continuing the swaying of the current day. I have no idea why, but showers and toilets truly exponentially the "rocking motion" hours after you've hit dry land. so if some recipes are off, its the oceans fualt !

But finally, Saturday is the day where preparation (ie; buffet eating for a weak) meets game day. One has to understand the numerous "tsunami's" of food that will overwhelm the tables over the next few hours. I truly enjoyed watching the 3 new couples react to this.

It is NON STOP cooking, talking, eating, cooking / repeat. Conman and QBD never seemed to leave the grill, even when the desserts were brougth out :(

Myself? I paced like someone preparing to climb K2. My preparations started back in March!!

I finalized the food parts about 11 hours before out boat left lol

So the eating commenced. My plate #2

My plate #1 had Duck Gizzards and Duck Hearts and Turkey legs/thighs and was deeeelicious!!!

Grilling for Plate #6

IT was carzy! Some patiently waited and made small talk with the chefs' before taking little bites of the newest food, while others hoarded when stuff came to the table, and left NO prisoners lol.

There were SO MANY different foods!! I can not name them all. I did not taste anything I did not instantly like the taste of.

The weather was phenomenal as mentioned. I hated it for the folks trying to catch bass as they often do