Terrorist attack at Attaturk International Airport (Istanbul, Turky)

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
At least 50 dead now and from video of the vest going off its believable, no fireworks or gun powder for these guys, had to be some high end plastic to create fireballs like these......they also hit what I would consider a non soft target, they were engaged almost immediately by heavily armed police. The downside of security like that is there were a lot of people line up waiting to get checked so in that aspect its a soft target but its not like walking into a nightclub or restaurant and shooting it up.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Well said 1shot...

I have a problem with people that want to kill innocent people because they believe in something different. I realize that not all Muslims are terrorists but all of these terrorists are Muslims and i see a correlation there...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
Well said 1shot...

I have a problem with people that want to kill innocent people because they believe in something different. I realize that not all Muslims are terrorists but all of these terrorists are Muslims and i see a correlation there...

If they are a true believing and practicing muslims, they hate you. They may not say it but that is what their teachings tell them to do. I fully believe when they are no longer a minority you will see people who you thought were friends turn against you.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Well if that's the case, kill em' all. I'll have no sympathy for that nonsense.

PPosey

Twelve Pointer
The video where the bomber explodes,,, blood seems to fly before the main flash, think he was shot a couple of times or was there a smaller blast then the main one?

Rescue44

Old Mossy Horns
As in the movie "Platoon", "That's a good gook". As are the ones that blew themselves up are in hades with their virgin goats.

Greg

Old Mossy Horns
If they are a true believing and practicing muslims, they hate you. They may not say it but that is what their teachings tell them to do. I fully believe when they are no longer a minority you will see people who you thought were friends turn against you.
This is what the liberals and 'moderates' don't or won't understand. How many muslims speak up and condemn the actions of the terrorists? The only ones I've seen try to somehow justify the terrorist act or dance around the questions with "non-answers".

Smitty010203

Twelve Pointer
The bad thing is this isn't just going to stop one day. Mentally ill people shooting crowds is one thing but this radical islam thing is another. Its not 1 person going nuts. Its an idea that an entire culture follows. God knows what hellery will do to stop it. I like to think Trump will go fubar on them but who knows anymore.

baxt3r

And Kerry has shown how out of touch he is by saying ISIS is desperate if they're attacking airports. Not at all, Mr. Munster. They've obviously got plenty of people willing to die for their side and airports, on average, have hundreds of people in them at any given time. Hardly desperate.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
It's stark and blatantly obvious that "terrorists" and "ISIS" gets used freely by the msm when it happens in other countries, regardless of the origin of the terrorists and before any idea of specifics. While in the terrorist attacks in the USA , if the person is a resident or citizen of the USA , or just has affiliation with someone in the USA, or may watch TV in the USA....whatever...the POtuS and the msm can't seem to say ISIS or terrorist when referring to acts that happen on our soil.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Most Muslims are scared to say anything. They know that if they speak out they may wake up without a head. I would bet good money that there isn't a mosque in the country that doesn't have at least one radical in the congregation. And if anyone says something "out of line" he quietly warns them to shut up or else.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We may never know these peoples true intentions. If we gave them a hug and helped them get a job there might have been a different outcome. Well that's what Obama and Lynch think.

BuzzCut

Ten Pointer
If they would only close the Bomb Show Loophole, but the National Bomber Association controls the politicians over there :rolleyes:

Weekender

Twelve Pointer
And Kerry has shown how out of touch he is by saying ISIS is desperate if they're attacking airports. Not at all, Mr. Munster. They've obviously got plenty of people willing to die for their side and airports, on average, have hundreds of people in them at any given time. Hardly desperate.

Zell Miller said at the 2004 RNC that no one has been more wrong, more often, or as loudly wrong as John Kerry.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I noticed this week while at the Miami airport that much more damage could be done prior to going through TSA security. There was virtually no security at the bag check and ticket kiosk.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
We'll never protect all soft targets. How many people sit in the stands at high school football games? How man checkpoints are there prior to going in?!?!? Shopping malls? Amphitheaters? When y'all go watch fireworks this weekend, ask yourself how many people are carrying bags and how if at all, those bags were checked. They'll ALWAYS have targets to hit if we keep playing catchup to make sure one incident isn't repeated (reactive).

Getting ahead of them will be the key (proactive).

Start inside of mosques (all of them) and on the www.

Last edited:

Boojum

Ten Pointer
I bet it was the Presbyterians that actually did it. Islam is a religion of peace. ISIS has nothing to do with "real" Islam. We need to invite more of them here to make us more culturally diverse and stronger as a society.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
,,,,,,,,,,,Getting ahead of them will be the key (proactive). .

the grail of intelligence analysis,,,,,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,, Start inside of mosques (all of them),,,,,,,.

not as easy as it sounds,,,,,,,they have good OPSEC and vetting procedures,,,,,,kind of like the Bloods,,,,,,,,,

,,,,,,,,,, and on the www.

Terrorist use of the Internet,,,,,,,I even have a brief I presented on that 8+ years ago or so,,,,,,,,customer loved it but then lawyers got involved,,,,,,,,concerns over collecting on "American citizens",,,,,,,,,,,,

anyhow,,,,,,,all of those seem easy on the surface,,,,,,the devil is in the details and the laws,,,,,,,,

wl704

Ten Pointer
...concerns over collecting on "American citizens",,,,,,,,,,,,

anyhow,,,,,,,all of those seem easy on the surface,,,,,,the devil is in the details and the laws,,,,,,,,

And, even if this could be overcome and our US intelligence agencies were able to make use of/share intel the global laws, the gathering and coordination globally adds many many many more legal and logistics challenges.

Last edited:

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
Well said 1shot...

You guys need to read up on islam and why no one is speaking out against it. It isn't out of fear of retribution nor indifference........it is a pillar of their beliefs.

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...s_why_islam_is_not_the_religion_of_peace.html

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/religion-of-peace-is-not-a-harmless-platitude/

The very notion of Martyrdom allows a total screw up to atone for their sins and get their family into 'paradise' The more people can educate themselves on this so called 'religion of peace' the sooner we as a country will have to will to fight this beast with the means necessary to defeat it.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
You guys need to read up on islam and why no one is speaking out against it. It isn't out of fear of retribution nor indifference........it is a pillar of their beliefs.

http://www.americanthinker.com/arti...s_why_islam_is_not_the_religion_of_peace.html

http://www.spectator.co.uk/2015/01/religion-of-peace-is-not-a-harmless-platitude/

The very notion of Martyrdom allows a total screw up to atone for their sins and get their family into 'paradise' The more people can educate themselves on this so called 'religion of peace' the sooner we as a country will have to will to fight this beast with the means necessary to defeat it.

your preaching to the choir,,,,,,,,at least to me anyhow,,,,,,,,,,,,