Where to find used mobile homes??

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
My wife and I are planning to put a used mobile home on some family land to stay in while we build our next home. I've searched craigslist and googled other possibilities but not finding much. We will likely be in this home for a couple years so I don't want any junk but not looking to buy a new one either.

Does anybody know where to look for these type deals? I've never owned a mobile home before and not familiar with who to contact or what to expect. We'll be setting this home up in Princeton so the closer to there the better.

bigten

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Check the weekend classifieds in a large paper. There are periodic auctions around the state that sell lot models, traded units and repo's.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Check the weekend classifieds in a large paper. There are periodic auctions around the state that sell lot models, traded units and repo's.

My parent's bought a REPO at an auction many years ago to put on a lot at Lake Gaston.

nchunt101

Ten Pointer
Have you thought of a tiny house. I have a friend who has one on his farm that is about 20x20 with living area/kitchen/bath downstairs and a sleeping loft. He was looking for a used trailer like you but found this option was cheaper and looked a lot nicer on his property. It is very comfortable for two people.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Have you thought of a tiny house. I have a friend who has one on his farm that is about 20x20 with living area/kitchen/bath downstairs and a sleeping loft. He was looking for a used trailer like you but found this option was cheaper and looked a lot nicer on his property. It is very comfortable for two people.
That's a good idea.
A friend built his garage first and lived in it while he built his house. 24x24, two stories, plenty of room for two people.

double

Twelve Pointer
Used doubles can be tough. My family sold used mobile homes for a while. Singles are great easy down easy back up. Double are hard it will cost around $4,000 -5,000 just to move it and reset it. Your trim will most likely need to be replaced as well as carpet and possible cabinets as they are not installed to last in the homes. If you insist on a double look for a place like repo depot or call around to local dealerships most will know of one or two for sale.

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
That's a good idea.
A friend built his garage first and lived in it while he built his house. 24x24, two stories, plenty of room for two people.

We've thought about this but not sure if it's the right direction for us or not. The tiny house thing wouldn't be an option for me and I know my wife wouldn't be a fan of anything that limited.

Thanks for the info double. I'm not opposed to a single just prefer the extra space of a double wide. I'll keep that in mind while searching.

nckeith

Ten Pointer
My wife and I are planning to put a used mobile home on some family land to stay in while we build our next home. I've searched craigslist and googled other possibilities but not finding much. We will likely be in this home for a couple years so I don't want any junk but not looking to buy a new one either.

Does anybody know where to look for these type deals? I've never owned a mobile home before and not familiar with who to contact or what to expect. We'll be setting this home up in Princeton so the closer to there the better.

I believe these guys can help https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=q-RLqLx1iYI

Frostcat

Twelve Pointer
There is a place in Haywood County at Canton called Board of Trade. They deal in used and repossessed mobile homes. Their number is 828-648-5371. Know it's not close but they might be able to help you find something.

Last edited:

stormm4

Big Ole Nanny Doe
Most mobile home dealers can give you ideas of their turn over or repos. Call major dealers in your area to ask.

Zombie1978

I might have one for sale if you haven't found one yet. I tried to send you a pm but don't know if it went through.