Question about selling items on Ebay.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I have a quick question about selling items on Ebay. If I am set up to accept paypal which I assume I am because I use it when I purchase items on ebay and have a username and password how do I go about receiving the funds from something I sold on Ebay that was paid for using paypal.

Ashy Larry

Ten Pointer
Your paypal acct should be linked to a bank acct. Just log on to paypal and transfer the funds to that acct.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They used to be together, but now Paypal and E-bay are separate entities. They just use your Paypal info to send money into your account, it's very simple. You get charged by E-bay for selling, and then by Paypal for receiving if you're set up that way.

Jack's PA

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
You attach a bank account to your PayPal account (If you haven't already done so) and PayPal will deposit the money into that account.

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Got ya , kinda thought that's how it worked. Seemed too simple for that to be the case

nekkedducker

Ten Pointer
Sometime paypal will make you wait a few days before you can transfer the money over. It may be different now being I haven't sold anything in a few years. At the time I had to wait around 15 days after the buyer received shipment.

Last edited:
Everyone above is correct. It's a good venue to get rid of stuff, but the fees are kind of steep. eBay charges you to post an ad, then takes 10% of whatever your final sale price is, then paypal takes 2% + 30 cents for each items old when the buyer pays. Then you have to ship the item, so if you have free shipping in the listing, that also comes out the final sale value. eBay is the biggest online market and they know it. At any rate, good luck!

Last edited: