Help figuring value on rifle

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Having trouble finding the value of a rifle I'm thinking of parting with. It's a savage model 116 weather warrior. 7mm mag. Stainless steel, 24" magnum contour fluted barrel, selectable on/off muzzle brake, flat back receiver. I bought it new around 2001, so no accu trigger. Synthetic stock. Flat receiver. Closest thing I've found on savages web site is the bear hunter. @ 60 shots fired through it. Anyone familiar with used gun prices have an idea what it's worth? Thanks for any help

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Having trouble finding the value of a rifle I'm thinking of parting with. It's a savage model 116 weather warrior. 7mm mag. Stainless steel, 24" magnum contour fluted barrel, selectable on/off muzzle brake, flat back receiver. I bought it new around 2001, so no accu trigger. Synthetic stock. Flat receiver. Closest thing I've found on savages web site is the bear hunter. @ 60 shots fired through it. Anyone familiar with used gun prices have an idea what it's worth? Thanks for any help

Gun only ? Mounts and scope?

What did you pay for it? That is a starting point.

Not up much on savage or that model but a few things going against you is the trigger, 7mm, and the comp.

People like to have the newer triggers over the old and will want to deduct 50 to 75 for that.
Also the comp is something most do not like on a hunting gun and it could be an easy sale if you find the person in the need or want but the rest will pass or want a discount.

As for the 7mm it is fine but there is a flood of mags out there do to all the new cals that are selling based on the shorted action and less recoil.

what shape is it in? Could it pass for new or does it show use?

ducknut

Eight Pointer
Gun has leupold bases and rings. Best I can remember it was around $700 dollars, but it was a while ago. Has a Simmons 2-10x42. It has an adjustable trigger on it. Not aftermarket, but it is adjustable with an Allen wrench. I like it more than the accu trigger. i don't have the gun in front of me, it but it's near new condition. Thanks for the help.

ducknut

Eight Pointer
I've looked at gunbroker and can't find where to look at the ended bids. Where do I look?

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
Honestly, I prefer gunsamerica since it has 1000's of guns from shops all over the US....that are priced with no bidding involved.

Last edited: