Wildrose Drakeshead Maximus Gauge RIP

britlab64

Six Pointer
6d2f2a628f44e1f3a1563c11adec02d7.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1467252000730.jpguploadfromtaptalk1467252134603.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
What a beautiful dog! They are hard to let go. Sorry for your loss, they are huge part of our families.

shurshot

Ten Pointer
Yes, absolutely beautiful and so painful to let go britlab. Could not have agreed with you more about loyal, gentle, best friend in that your Max's appearance/attributes seem to be a spitting image of my young YLM. Your post made me think of times I've had to deal with losing my best friends and just how "empty" one feels. It hurts ...... but time will eventually heal that void and hopefully you'll soon be looking to find another great friend and hunting partner!

Hold fast to hour heart and share all your great times together with friends as memories are forever ....👍

britlab64

Six Pointer
Thank You for the replies. I was extremely blessed with having Max in our family. From day one when my son picked him from the litter he was a pure joy to be around. July 6th of last year we were advised that Max had cancer. Also were advised at NC State vet school to go ahead and have him put to sleep that very day. All this was a complete surprise to us with him showing no signs of decline. That day he was retired from hunting and all strenuous activity. He traveled with me 24 / 7. Everywhere I went he went also. Even at the hunt tests, office, and most places we frequented people always wanted to see him. For selfish reasons I really wanted him to be able to celebrate the one year mark next week. But as my vet advised - When it was time It was time. Sure there are other labs but this one was some kinda special in every way. Thank You for allowing me to share.

workennels

Eight Pointer
Sure hated to hear the news Jeff, I know how much he meant to you. We will shoot some ducks for his pups this year!

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Sorry for your loss. I have a 6 year old black male also named Max and dread that day.

Just curious but do you by chance ever rabbit hunt with a Mr. Pierce around Princeton? If so I'm pretty sure I met you and you lab on a hunt this past season.

britlab64

Six Pointer
Yes Sir,
I hunt with Danny quite often
Here is a picture from that very day
6c46db5db312573b063001d5bd90dd10.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

fowlplay'n

Twelve Pointer
Ok I thought that was you after hearing your story. It was a pleasure to meet you and Max. I was the tall guy that pulled in about the same time as you that day. He was very well mannered and friendly and kudos to you for treating him so well in his last days!

Last edited:

britlab64

Six Pointer
Thank You fowlplay'n. It is always good to put faces with the forum names on here. It was a pleasure to meet you that day. Hopefully we will do the same this fall.