Diver decoys

rageslinger

Four Pointer
Looking to see what everyone is running for there diver rigs. I don't think there is such thing as a cheap diver decoy. Thinking about making some net rigs just haven't got ahold of any crab net yet. I like the idea of having decoys rafted up right in front of layout. Thanks for any help on decoys or netting.

Willie

Twelve Pointer
Herters for singles and long lines. Use quite a few cheap mallard repaints on the net.
I've also added some Higdon in the mix if I can catch them on sale.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Willie

Twelve Pointer
I don't use it as often as I thought I would. It's not hard to set up, but make sure you get two danforth anchors for the upwind corners so you can pull it tight. Mushroom anchors don't dig in and will move too much when you try to tighten the net.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fowlhntr

Six Pointer
I have 9 doz diver 72 Herters and 3 doz diver 63's. Bought 2 dozen of the Homer diver decoys when he had them on presale. I think Tony got the Homers right. I like them just as good as the Herters and for me that says a lot as I have always been a big fan of Herters decoys.

chevync20

Twelve Pointer
I have a wide range of divers. I have amassed few dozen G&H bills and reds, Avery Cans, Hidgon Ringnecks, Hardcore Redheads, Pro Grades, repaints. Really, a little bit of everything. G&H are my most durable from taking steel shot, but aren't cheap. I found mine for sale from a guy who had them in a barn for sometime. Used is definitely the way to go.

Most mine are set up on long lines from Doctari. I have 90' and 140' lines and do 36" drops on the clips, but its all preference.

We have a net rig as well, but on windy days, that thing is a pain to deploy. Making some changes to it to help better secure the net. We did weights on four corners, but found adding weights in the middle helps hold the raft of ducks better in high wind. Deploying it from a boat is a complete pain. Being able to walk it out and set it up is so much easier for me. We are working on a second this summer. For these nets I used those cheap Avery bluebills and higdon ones. I dont buy too many new though.

kahunter

Eight Pointer
Looking to see what everyone is running for there diver rigs. I don't think there is such thing as a cheap diver decoy. Thinking about making some net rigs just haven't got ahold of any crab net yet. I like the idea of having decoys rafted up right in front of layout. Thanks for any help on decoys or netting.

Cheap diver decoys are black white and brown paint and some old mallard decoys. Done that many times. Nowadays I run mostly herters. Killed plenty of ducks over repiants though. Work just fine.

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Standard assortment of commercial decoys, homemade foam blocks, and crab pot blocks make up my spread. Most of the foam ones are on custom longlines the rest are on singles or in 1 of 4 nets