Need some advice regarding church disciplibe

seminolewind

I think he makes a valid point. Take the trinity for example. There are churches that teaches it as true doctrine, and churches that teach it is false. Obviously it can't be both. Either it's true or it isn't. Church doctrine, unfortunately, can and does differ from bible doctrine in many cases.

And to take it one step further, The Trinity (for example) may actually be biblical doctrine and NOT church doctrine? I think badlands brings a good point - what is bible doctrine or church doctrine. I know how I would answer this but, would love input from everyone...

Last edited:

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
And to take it one step further, The Trinity (for example) may actually be biblical doctrine and NOT church doctrine?

Precisely my point. Whether it is bible doctrine or not, there is clearly a difference between church and bible doctrine on the subject since some teach it and some don't.

seminolewind

Precisely my point. Whether it is bible doctrine or not, there is clearly a difference between church and bible doctrine on the subject since some teach it and some don't.

Yes, I agreed with you but was asking a genus type question.... Just in a wondering mood today?