Just my thought.....

Hank

Old Mossy Horns
With a heavy heart I'm gonna try and put a few things in this post that are MY perspectives!

It's so evident how evil has gained a stronghold in our nation! We've always had evil around but we seemed to be loosing ground! OUR LEADERS ARE EVIL! Period!
As I reflect back to Geneses 18 in Our word of God called the Bible we can read where God was going to destroy Sodom and Gomorah and ALL the people within! But Abraham pleaded with God over and over until it was agreed that if there be 10 Rightous our Lord wouldn't destroy the city! Well we know how that turned out!

Does any body think that there are 10 Rightous in Washington DC?

Israel was punished many times with evil leaders for turning there ways away from God! Is this our punishment for what America has done? Just look at the wrong (sin) that has been accepted and forced on people! We (Americans) have elected leaders that we knew in advance didn't follow our Lord!
Never claiming to be politically correct, and more like Simon Peter, ready to defend our Lord at any cost, I know I tend to have a knee-jerk reaction to certain circumstances. I can't help but think this tragic shooting in Dallas was nothing more than a sacrifice of our men in BLUE as if there expendable pawns to further an agenda this evil administration is pushing as well as diverting attention off the many scandals at hand with this administration! I hope I'm wrong on this particular event but I admit my knee is jerky!
I LOVE MY LORD and I am not ashamed of this in the slightest!
2 Chronicles 7:14 if my people, which are called by my name, shall humble themselves, and pray, and seek my face, and turn from their wicked ways; then will I hear from heaven, and will forgive their sins, and will heal their land.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Hank, the Bible says that near the "end", wrong will be called right, and right will be called wrong. It look like it's all happening according to plan. Yes, evilness is abound, but we already know the ending to the story. All we can do is hold tight to what we know is right, and pray for the strength to STAND until the time comes to kneel.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Hank, the Bible says that near the "end", wrong will be called right, and right will be called wrong. It look like it's all happening according to plan. Yes, evilness is abound, but we already know the ending to the story. All we can do is hold tight to what we know is right, and pray for the strength to STAND until the time comes to kneel.

Isiah 5:20.... Soilman, you are spot one. I have been quoting this verse lately. Folks, just remember God is in control. My prayer is that he is about tired of this dirty and sinful world and is getting ready to to call the believers home. I would be very scared to not be a child of God right now.

Hank

Old Mossy Horns

We speak about the Bible Signs of the End of Times in depth at Church and we speak about it often. I would be shocked if we are not there now, and if we are not, I am very worried that it can get any worse.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I think we need to be real honest here, folks. God is not judging America or the world, for that matter. Our problems - the whole world's problems - are self-inflicted.

In America, we've turned away from the Christian principles on which this country was founded and we're simply paying the price for our own decisions ..... it's called the law of consequences; bad choices = bad outcomes.

But having said that, God has obviously extended to us MUCH grace and mercy. I can tell you from a personal perspective, I'm doing well in the midst of the storms. The sun shines and the rain falls on the righteous and the wicked, but the effect is not the same. I'm a citizen of this country, so I have to endure some of the consequences of this nation's decisions, but God is taking care of me like he does all believers who claim the protection.

We are indeed living in the "Last Days", but nobody knows how much longer the Lord will tarry. Things are obviously shaping up in the Middle-east so it won't be too much longer (relatively), but what's going in America has nothing to do with prophesy - we're just committing a slow form of suicide and our future has nothing to do with end times.

This nation's woes has nothing to do with God's judgment. Judgment is coming though, but that 7-year period of sorrow is for the world of non-believers.

Last edited:

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Judgment is coming though, but that 7-year period of sorrow is for the world of non-believers.

I will give a contrary opinion here.

I believe Matthew 24 especially vs. 29-31 quite clearly state otherwise. It starts with "Immediately after the tribulation..." and finishes with "...they will gather together his elect..." I believe we will see the tribulation Jesus so carefully warns us about. Hence the many warnings. I understand the alternate views, I just find them very hard to reconcile with what I consider to be overwhelming evidence to the contrary. I think that a preTrib view may prove to be devastating to the mentality of many believers when/if things don't turn out as they once believed.

Jesus takes great care to explain to his followers what will occur because they need to know. It's vitally important. When he says in vs. 21 it's gonna be worse than ever in the history of the world, we should recognize it can get worse, a LOT worse.

Quite frankly, I hope I'm wrong.

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Just few comments;

First, the "audience" in the book of Matthew, particularly Chapter 24 is directed to the Jews - that's who the "elect" are in the book of Matthew.

Secondly, the whole point of the "End Times" is to bring judgment on a world that has rejected the redemption offered through Christ and to bring the Jewish people to a place where they can be reconciled with the Savior they previously rejected. Israel - as a collective - is going to KNOW once and for all that Jesus is God because he is going to protect them from the horrible things that are going to occur in the Tribulation.

I think it's worth mentioning that there are only three groups of people mentioned in the NT: Jews, Gentiles and the Church (which is comprised of saved people both Jew and Gentile). The influence of the "Church" must be removed before Satan, through the Anti-Christ, can have the measure of influence they will need to deceive the Jews and the rest of the world.

Last edited:

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Evil has definitely taken a stronghold, not just in this nation, but in the world. This should not surprise us in the least. There are many bible prophecies that are either being fulfilled or there is evidence they will be fulfilled soon. Think of Daniel chapter 2 for example. The prophecy Daniel interpreted regarding the statue Belteshazzar saw in a dream. if you study that it follows the rise and fall of every world power that has existed since Egypt. We are now living during the rule of the "feet partly of iron and partly of molded clay." Then there is the prophesy in Daniel chapter 7 about the four beasts; the description of the fourth and final beast should be of particular interest to us. Then there is Revelation chapter 13 and 17; the descriptions of the wild beasts and the harlot. If you study these, (and others, those just came to mind), it is not hard to understand why the things we see happening are occurring. It should not scare us if we are true Christians...it should be exciting, because the final solution to the problems in the world is coming.

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
With vast numbers of preachers, pastors and reverends preaching all the hate evil and anger we will soon have the same problems that Islam has now.

things need to change people.

Last edited:

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Another comment or two about God's' judgment:

When God destroyed the entire world with the flood he removed the few righteous people so as to spare them from the destruction. God again removed the few righteous when he destroyed Sodom. When judgment came on Egypt, however - God chose to protect his chosen in the midst of the plagues. He will do that again for the Jewish people in the End - they will be protected, but not removed.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Another comment or two about God's' judgment:

When God destroyed the entire world with the flood he removed the few righteous people so as to spare them from the destruction. God again removed the few righteous when he destroyed Sodom. When judgment came on Egypt, however - God chose to protect his chosen in the midst of the plagues. He will do that again for the Jewish people in the End - they will be protected, but not removed.

By Jewish people to you mean physical Jews or "spiritual Isreal" that Jesus talked about?

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I am one who doesn't believe in standing on the ground looking into the sky awaiting the return of my Lord and Savior, although I am hopeful that his return will be soon and I'm eagerly awaiting that moment.
I also believe that the Church will be taken before the tribulation and that the unsaved Jews will be left and that many will turn to Christ and proclaim the teachings of Christ and will be among the martyred multitudes. I believe that the Bible clearly teaches this, but also believe that we shouldn't dwell on this, but only teach and practice love for our neighbor and tolerance for anything that isn't heresy.
So come quickly Lord Jesus.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. The church is not mentioned in revelation after Jesus's letters, also I believe our judgment was at Calvary and we don't need/have to face judgment again. It is an interesting debate, as nobody knows for sure how things will take place. I'm about to the point though that whenever God wants to fold up this tent and call it quits I'm fine with it!

41magfan

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Paul's letter to the early Church in Thessalonica is not cryptic. Remember the context: Someone has spread the rumor that the "departing" (the translators incorrectly used the words "falling away" for the word apostasia) had already taken place and that they had missed it.

His words to them were pretty clear - this "departure" - must happen before the Anti-Christ is revealed.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I believe in a pre-tribulation rapture. The church is not mentioned in revelation after Jesus's letters, also I believe our judgment was at Calvary and we don't need/have to face judgment again. It is an interesting debate, as nobody knows for sure how things will take place. I'm about to the point though that whenever God wants to fold up this tent and call it quits I'm fine with it!

I assume you are referring to God "calling up" the remainder of the little flock before the tribulation starts. The bible does say that certain people will be called to heaven at this time. I have to admit I do not however believe in the rapture; not in the context that most do anyway...but that is a deep subject and a discussion for another day. It is certainly an interesting time we are living in. The bible makes it clear what will happen leading up to, during, and after the great tribulation. many of the things leading up to it are happening now.

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
I have complete peace knowing He is in control.
I'm also content in whatever circumstance I may be in at any given time.
I've been blessed beyond my wildest dreams and given favor in some turbulent circumstances.

Rejoice always, pray without ceasing, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is the will of God in Christ Jesus for you. Do not quench the Spirit. Do not despise prophecies, but test everything; hold fast what is good. Abstain from every form of evil. :)donk1 Thessalonians‬ :donk5‬::donk16-22‬ ESV)