New farm....new beginnings (pic heavy)

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Beautiful place you have there, I hope it pays off for you in the deer season very quickly?
Are you harvesting those beans? If not or if you are setting aside some acreage for game management I'd recommend getting involved with the NWTF seed program, it would sure be worthwhile to you with that much acreage of deer feed in beans. They also have other seeds that you may be interested in as well, if you're not a part of it already.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Beautiful place you have there, I hope it pays off for you in the deer season very quickly?
Are you harvesting those beans? If not or if you are setting aside some acreage for game management I'd recommend getting involved with the NWTF seed program, it would sure be worthwhile to you with that much acreage of deer feed in beans. They also have other seeds that you may be interested in as well, if you're not a part of it already.

I will not be harvesting any of the beans.

Last edited:

para4514

Eight Pointer
Contributor
Looks great. Only concern I would have is the miscanthus spreading from where it was planted.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I purchased a piece of property this past winter. In doing so I gave up all my leases and will be focusing on developing my farm into the absolute best whitetail habitat possible. Thought i would share a few pics of the progress so far.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Everything is different for me this year. I moved, got a new job, and have a kid on the way. I am starting fresh with brand new properties this year...Likely will hunt public some too just because its close by. So my strategy is to use this year as a learning year to figure out my new spots.

So your farm is more than one piece? :rolleyes:

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Aggressive logging and hinge cutting to increase cover. Didnt do too bad from timber sale either.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give me more insight on the timber sale? I got about 15 acres that is mature hardwoods...as big as the logs in your pictures. Some tell me its not worth cutting..others say if you wait too long they will go to the bad. I would love to buy me some more land in the future and cutting the timber would be a option to me to help offset the cost. I was really considering it this past spring on a tract in Ohio but was told the timber was sold by the ton and I would be lucky to get $400/acre for hardwoods.

Eggman

Twelve Pointer
Great looking place. You will enjoy the habitat work as much as the hunting if you are like me.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Can you give me more insight on the timber sale? I got about 15 acres that is mature hardwoods...as big as the logs in your pictures. Some tell me its not worth cutting..others say if you wait too long they will go to the bad. I would love to buy me some more land in the future and cutting the timber would be a option to me to help offset the cost. I was really considering it this past spring on a tract in Ohio but was told the timber was sold by the ton and I would be lucky to get $400/acre for hardwoods.

Sounds like you need to talk to a different timber buyer.

Last edited: