simple swan breast

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
swan breast cut into steaks,,,,,seasoned with Cracker Boy,,,,,,grilled hot and fast to medium rare,,,,,,,

who says swan ain't good??? not me!!

meal.JPG

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I LOVE Maters!! I LOVE swan breasts also!! I'll try this!! In between my Swan (soaked in Coke or Pepsi for a night) Fajitas!

Cootmeurer

Six Pointer
New to NC, so my question is "Are swan actually decent to eat here?"

I have shot a bunch up in NoDak over the years and every single one tasted like a 20 pound merganser. We quit shooting them because we couldn't find any way that made them worth eating.

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
New to NC, so my question is "Are swan actually decent to eat here?"

I have shot a bunch up in NoDak over the years and every single one tasted like a 20 pound merganser. We quit shooting them because we couldn't find any way that made them worth eating.

I like them,,,,it's more in not overcooking them than anything else,,,,,

but then some folks don't like them,,,,,,,,,,heck some folks don't like venison,,,,,,,so to me,,,some folks are just to dang picky!!

shadycove

Twelve Pointer
I like them,,,,it's more in not overcooking them than anything else,,,,,

but then some folks don't like them,,,,,,,,,,heck some folks don't like venison,,,,,,,so to me,,,some folks are just to dang picky!!

Or not hungry enough WM.

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
Sounds good. I don't care much for cow meat. I'll take venison and waterfowl any day over a piece of cow. :cool:

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I like venison just fine but you can bet your butt that I ain't going to turn my nose up to any bovine. Knock the horns off just sear it on each side and serve it. If it ain't mooing it is done!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I like venison just fine but you can bet your butt that I ain't going to turn my nose up to any bovine. Knock the horns off just sear it on each side and serve it. If it ain't mooing it is done!

ditto,,,,,,,haven't found too much red meat that ain't fitten to grill!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns

THIS.... I like deer just fine but there's a reason cows were domesticated l to breed and eat on the big scale and not deer :D..... Or at least that's what my taste buds think

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
We put some S&P and then cooked the whole breast in butter. One of the best things I have ever eaten. I'm betting most people have overcooked it. It is a little chewey but great flavor.

Carolinaguy

Six Pointer
I'll take venison over beef, Duck over any bird except maybe wild turkey (coin toss), but I just not a fan of swan. Maybe it was over cooked, but I'm not going to kill another one just to find out. I'll leave those permits to the guys that like to eat them. Mine sure is going to look good on my wall though.