Covert Deployed....

ditchbank

Banned
I put out HR CARVERS bio plots mix about March/April....haven't been back but when I did they have dug the stump almost up. So I went and got my covert set back up and ready...bought a trophy rock and turned camera on...ill keep you guys updated as to what comes around. Probably out corn around it tomorrow. It's about 60yrds off of a bean field so I should get action tonight without corn.
a39ae3ca2f59e48593a6ddd1784a8f53.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ditchbank

Banned
Checked today and the Bucks ( or very big hooves)walked just around camera last night out into beans, I put 5 gallons of corn out today, should get their noses going.

Last edited:

ditchbank

Banned
One walked by in the distance....big tracks and racks stay tuned trust me...saw them in field today.
IMG_1402.JPG

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
Hmm....I have always had the most luck limiting my presence as much as possible. Especially with getting daylight pics. I just checked 6 cams I had out for 3 weeks. I had daylight pics of shooters on every one, but none in the first week I put it out...Most were in the last 4 days.

ditchbank

Banned
Hmm....I have always had the most luck limiting my presence as much as possible. Especially with getting daylight pics. I just checked 6 cams I had out for 3 weeks. I had daylight pics of shooters on every one, but none in the first week I put it out...Most were in the last 4 days.

Lmao!!

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns

Lol....I check mine every 3rd picture....got bucks on it round the clock...

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I had to switch carriers. Verizon or Us cellular are the only 2 that work outside town.

I've got Verizon, so that's not a problem. I was told without at least a 3 bar strength that the pictures wouldn't be sent properly and that it can affect battery life. Where I want to put the cell camera I only get 1 bar of strength.

badlandbucks

Ten Pointer
I've got Verizon, so that's not a problem. I was told without at least a 3 bar strength that the pictures wouldn't be sent properly and that it can affect battery life. Where I want to put the cell camera I only get 1 bar of strength.

Is it down in a valley or shaded by a lot of timber? Signal could be getting blocked i guess.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Is it down in a valley or shaded by a lot of timber? Signal could be getting blocked i guess.

It is in the river bottom, and there are steep banks rising at least 50+ feet on either side. The kill plot is on a flat area terraced into one side of that hill. I can call out and text with no problem from that area, but I have been told previously with the earlier models that wasn't a good indicator of whether the camera would work in that spot.

derekorr1986

Six Pointer
I bought a covert wireless camera last year, love it $24.99 for 3 months of pictures. Bought a 2016 model this year thinking it was the same thing but they got greedy, this one you have to purchase data directly from them and raised the price $10. Same cameras, do the same thing, but they wanted to squeeze an extra $40 a year out of you.