No tomatoes here....

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I've pulled about 20 cherry tomatoes and zero regular size. Finally have 8-10 regular sized tomatoes growing on the vine.

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
My tomatoes didn't do well this year, but better than last year. Three vines of Roma produced enough for about 10 pints of canned tomatoes. My 5 Cherokee purples produced about 3-4 slicing tomatoes. Very disappointed in that. Healthy looking vines...just no 'maters.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Very poor year for me as well, usually I supply the rest of the folks here with home grown maters, this year I couldn't even supply me with enough to keep me in mater sammiches.

Firefly

Old Mossy Horns
Very poor year for me as well, usually I supply the rest of the folks here with home grown maters, this year I couldn't even supply me with enough to keep me in mater sammiches.

Neither could I . Last year we still had a good crop of tomatoes on the vine in september but this year by august they were all gone..

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
Have made 65 qts. juice this year..carried over 27 qts. from last year for a total of 92 qts. Had 14 plants with an automatic water line on it and had 7 plants close here at house that kept watered with hose and that is what we ate/gave to friends. Got to keep plenty fertz./lime to them and only water when not getting lot rain. Too much water just as bad as not enough.

Lastfling

Six Pointer
When night time temperatures stay above 75 and days in 90's - tomatoes have a tendency to stop setting fruit. My plants produced an initial burst of tomatoes, but once temps climbed and stayed hot they shut down. I noticed that once night time temps cooled the plants that survived blight, etc. started setting fruit again. I picked a slicer last night as matter of fact and have quite a few green ones on the vine that may or may not ripen before cool weather gets here. My issue with late season tomatoes has been bugs and birds liking them as much as I do.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
My Tomato plants are finally going strong. I'll probably get 30-40 big ones and over a hundred of the large cherry tomatoes.

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Tommie toe tomatoes are producing more than 4 or 5 families can eat. The reds, yellows and purples are also doing great, best crop of "maters" we have had in the last half dozen years. Could be because we had rain early but haven't had any in a month, really dry here in the mountains. They say we might get some tonight. Sure hope so, my deer plot where I planted white clover is dying. It sprouted just enough to start growing but without any further rain it's become a disaster.