Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: New purchase ….New farm!!

To anyone who reads this and thinks you can't do this. I promise you can. It all boils down to priorities and goals and working your off for what you want, while sacrificing to get there!! Good luck to each of you this year, this forum has been a lot of fun for me over the years and I just wanted to share this with ya'll!

Eight Pointer

You have a great looking spot. Where is this located?

Western Kentucky

Four Pointer

Congrats to you and your wife. My wife and I had just gone through the same process last year. Nothing is more rewarding than having your own farm and turning it into whatever you've dreamed about. Make sure you take plenty of pictures along the way to look back on.

Awesome...you living my dream! I'm getting there though...one of these days. How did you find your place? I look on landwatch all the time in Kent. and Ohio....just window shopping right now.

I looked at multiple Web search sites.
    Lands of America
    Landwatch
    Land and Farm
    Whitetail Properties <consistently overpriced>
    Then search the area local realtors this was a lot of land that wasn't on Web searches.
    Start with your hard cap dollar amount and be honest with it. No since wasting time looking at a farm you can't buy. If you are going to finace get your loan in order 1st. Know your approve amount. Good farms won't last and if you are fumbling around trying to get it worked out you'll miss out. Then go look at farms, what you start with in your ideas will change as you go through the process.
    We went to look at another Farm and the seller said he had a 2nd Farm we might like. And We did alot!!!

Ten Pointer

Congrats Travis. If you need a weekend partner let me know. I'll tag along. Actually hoping to hunt Kentucky this fall. Wife works three tobacco station in Kentucky. I get invited every year just never worked out.

Congrats, there is nothing like owning your own land, something nobody can take away from you...

Enjoy!!!

Quote Originally Posted by tra_cline View Post
    I looked at multiple Web search sites.
    Lands of America
    Landwatch
    Land and Farm
    Whitetail Properties <consistently overpriced>
    Then search the area local realtors this was a lot of land that wasn't on Web searches.
    Start with your hard cap dollar amount and be honest with it. No since wasting time looking at a farm you can't buy. If you are going to finace get your loan in order 1st. Know your approve amount. Good farms won't last and if you are fumbling around trying to get it worked out you'll miss out. Then go look at farms, what you start with in your ideas will change as you go through the process.
    We went to look at another Farm and the seller said he had a 2nd Farm we might like. And We did alot!!!
    Thanks. My number one fear factor is knowing who my neighbors are going to be and how much trouble I might have with trespassing as a absent landowner. Hard to determine prior to purchase.

Awesome! Welcome to the addiction!