New purchase ….New farm!!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Looks awesome. I'd love to dig at the base of those rock bluffs and sift out the findings. I'd almost guarantee there to be artifacts there under some of those over hangs. They may look low and unpronounced now but they were likely higher due to less soil build up and lots of usage, thousands of years ago.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor

This little guy maybe fun to see grow

Thanks for looking at my post I really appreciate all the messages and replies!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Looks awesome. I'd love to dig at the base of those rock bluffs and sift out the findings. I'd almost guarantee there to be artifacts there under some of those over hangs. They may look low and unpronounced now but they were likely higher due to less soil build up and lots of usage, thousands of years ago.

Some are well over 10' tall and hang out 15' at least even in worse Strom they are dry dirt under them. The land really is a cool place.

Last edited:

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
You know if you clear the ground around those cliffs and rocks you WILL find some nice indian artifacts...Do it carefully because there have been several good clovis points from west KY found at those spots...Or I can come find them for you! :cool:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Drove up last night to work on place again this weekend. Takes 6hrs with Friday evening traffic to get here Megan and I were up at 5am today. Here's what we got done.....
Stained with white wash - other walls in bath will be sheetrock

Bedrooms are hung - about all that these diy'ers could get wrapped up today
1st bedroom

2ND bedroom

I did cut a Pine tree, backfill a ditch, go pick up a Galvinized bucket to make a sink out of, and drive the neighbors Farm looking at turkey and deer to end the day!

Now just waiting on daylight to see what we can get done before lunch and drive back home......

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Welp I know I'm no sheetrock man but neither are the guys at the supply house. I gave them all the wall measurements; added 2 extra boards over what they said and still are 5 boards short of finishing.... but all in good time I guess.

Someone already planning her ball chasing route!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Whitewashed Wood wall in bathroom,

This is pretty much Mine, Megan, and Roxy current state of energy after another weekend of work!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Getting a late start it's 8:45 on Sat night and I'm just pulling out with a trailer load of Tractor/disk, 9gal of paint and 5gal primer, saws, clover seed, 17 persimmons and 33 pears trees... But all ya can do is all ya can do!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Heard couple birds gobble at daylight getting the tractor un loaded.
Turned the 2 large plots got them looking good for spraying and lime next weekend.

Moved some brush and sowed 3lbs of red and 3lbs of white to top coat clover plot

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
House work continues....
Sheetrock is never gonna end but it is taped and left a 1st coat drying

(No gonna lie, so ready to get this finished!!)

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
AND NOW THE CROWN JEWEL OF THE WEEKEND! I took the advise of yall and poked around couple of the rock overhangs. Guess what - first ledge hit a jackpot!!! Never found one never looked for one either though....Thanks for the advise to look guys!!!
Where found it.

Very good shape I think, I'm gonna frame it in little box and put it in house! Very cool deal to find it!!!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I'll post this here too....
Are you still up there? This caught my eye as well. Might be leverite (leave'R right there) but it almost looks like a point that was broken, made from a different material that gets a patina to it (much like our rhyolite points that originate from material from the uwharries).

DEC0B230-C67A-43AC-9543-534B8C48B1AA_zpsqyxy1kay.jpeg

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I also think there's more evidence in those photos than meets the eye. Not just what I pointed out. I wish I had a place lile that to poke around. Heck I'd give you all the points, I just like finding them and inspecting them first lol.

I do think there's other rocks on the pics that suggest more use than just the random point. Hard to tell without being able to fondle them.

luckybuck

Old Mossy Horns
If you have a rake, take it and lightly work the rocks back. I wish I was there with you because I am pretty sure I would really find some great points! You have tomahawks on that property. I am certain you are sitting on a gold mine of artifacts....

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I am certain I have never had any interest until now... Yalls advise and push is the only reason I even looked! Now I cant wait to look some more, only problem is I have no idea what to look for other than a arrowhead!!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Closed on the property last year on good friday.
This year we are spending the day here for our 10yr wedding anniversary. May not be everyones ideal day but worked pretty good for us and our life!!!

Last edited: