New purchase ….New farm!!

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Good afternoon hunt. Rained most of today settled down this afternoon. Got into a stand on a bean plot. Which has been destroyed, it looked good a month ago but they have ate it to the ground. Top seeded the beans with clover and daikon maybe they will green up soon. If not I'm gonna turn it under and plant again for winter. Either way couple nice young bucks, Tom's and does. 3bucks 5does 8turkey made a good night!

Last edited:

Newsome Road

Ten Pointer
Fun thread. Looking forward to following it throughout the year. Congrats on achieving your goals! Hope it pays off and bankrupts you at the taxidermist!

fats

Four Pointer
Nice! I met a guy in a club I used to be in. He bought 80 acres outside of Louisville, killed a 158" the first year.

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Not what I meant.......lol

Travis had some good luck on his new place so I thought maybe he would want to show some pics.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Been really busy both with real work here and at the farm. Thanks so much for everyone's I interest in our place. We have done alot of work since I post last.

Screenshot_20161127-204726_zpsmq82nkk8.png
[/URL]u

20161016_151449_zps0ai1zll1.jpg
[/URL]

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Hunting has been ok. I have seen above 40 different racked bucks this year best I can keep track of them, cameras back this up pretty well. Still funny to me how many deer ya never get on camera that ya see and how many you do get on cameras and never lay eyes on!

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
New building looks nice....you can't hide money!

Glad y'all are enjoying your new place.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
This guy would have been nice but his left side is broke off. He came in fed around and bedded down for 15min. Another 8point came down oak flat got him up, pretty cool to see..

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
No need to try and hide it. Its all spent!!! Trust me when I say the hardest part is budgeting all I want to do, I have done most of the labor on everything with some help.

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Been back to farm couple times. Trying to move foward on cabin, to hard to split time with it and land work. So the land has unfortunately had to be put on hold for a bit. I have been able to get the rough electric and plumbing done. Electric has been passed plumbing is set for this coming friday (only day they inspect there)..

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Checked couple cameras while there this weekend, wide 9 is living in a small core range - lot of young deer, 21 longbeards, got to check other 1/2 of cameras this weekend.

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor

Really excited to see this guy if he makes it to next year. He has been a camera fixture since I bought the farm he was the 1st nice racked buck I got on camera. I passed him twice this year,in person he looks really nice for a young deer, 2 more weeks of season, hopefully he stays close and walks at night! If he decides to show I hope it's if front of Meg she's not wanting him to get to 4 as much as I am!!!

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
I was going back through some more trail cam pictures from this year and found these of the same buck. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE in them….(disregard the dates I had a learning curve on a few cameras this year..)

Last edited:

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
I was going back through some more trail cam pictures from this year and found these of the same buck. NIGHT AND DAY DIFFERENCE in them….(disregard the dates I had a learning curve on a few cameras this year..)

I'd have a real hard time letting that walk, especially during bow season. Great job with you land!

Last edited:

tra_cline

Ten Pointer
Contributor
Been a while since my last post really haven't been doing any work to the land but the house lot has been kicking my butt. Got all utilities outside in and covered. Still have some grading but I got to haul the skidsteer up for that. And that'll be a day or so....
The inside is rolling along with plumbing & electic roughs done. Insulating is finally done [that sucked-took forever] sure it took me twice as long as it should have but it's tight...
Decided on a Galvinized ceiling and it turned out really good.<had to call in help on this> 25' pieces to keep from seams were little to much to tackle for Meg and I alone. Whitewashed the shiplap for bathroom. And assembled the base for the bathroom Vanity, picking out a slab this week to start sanding on. Man its alot to try to do 6hrs away on weekends!!!