Upcoming heat wave

shaggy

Old Mossy Horns
Gonna be a blazing hot week coming up. Temps mid to upper 90's with heat indices well over 105 for the entire week. I work in a non air conditioned warehouse at it was 95 degrees inside today at my work station. We have 2 large machines with dozens of motors and electrical panels pumping out heat so its rough.

Anyone working outside or in hot conditions make sure you take care of yourself and drink plenty of water.

creekhobo

Ten Pointer
The last week in the shade at my house.
7/24/16 = 99.2
7/23/16 = 98.6
7/22/16 = 96.5
7/21/16 = 95.3
7/20/16 = 96.7
7/19/16 = 97.4
7/18/16 = 96.9
7/17/16 = 94.0

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Im trying to get ready. Going to be working in a glassed in building with AC about 2 weeks away from being functional. There will be no air movement, and no way of cooling. I will make my guys take breaks every 90 minutes and watch them drink.

On the other hand, I know that a bunch of young ladies spent ALL DAY yesterday AND today playing softball and never heard a one complain. I'll be sure to mention that to my guys first thing in the morning :D

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
While the working class deals with dangerous temps outside at their jobs thousands of able bodied people are sitting on their butt in the A/C living off the system that we have to pay in to......that just makes me wanna rush to work 😂

Sorry for the rant....... y'all be safe and stay hydrated.

JONOV

Old Mossy Horns
I spent yesterday at my lease yesterday working...I normally don't struggle too much in the heat, not so yesterday. I thought I drank plenty of water but I almost got heat sick and stopped sweating (it was hard to pick up on at first cuz I was soaking wet.) I guess years of indoor work have taken their toll. Good luck everyone.

Last edited:

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
I could be wrong but I believe that so far during the month of July it has reached 90 degrees or hotter every single day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah that would be miserable. I'm thankful I work inside. I prefer the heat over the cold. Sweating is good for you.

brownisdown

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Delivered 1000 square bales of hay yesterday 331 of which were put in an enclosed van trailer. Hot as balls

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm seriously considering sending my guys home around 2 pm. It's one of the most brutal days I've ever witnessed. Inside a sealed building with no air movement is worse than outside in the sun I'd say today.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Guys were throwing up on the jobsite today. None of ours though :). We got about half done that I expected to, and I'm grateful for that.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
Yeah that would be miserable. I'm thankful I work inside. I prefer the heat over the cold. Sweating is good for you.

I still don't know how you went to App. Can only take off so much, give me freezing cold any day over heat!

Last edited:

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Can only take off so much, give me freezing cold any day over heat!

do we know each other??? That's been my line forever,,,,,can't take off but so much before they arrest you,,,,,can always stay warm even if it means a big ol' fire,,,,,,,,,,

EGrdneck

Work in the hot/cold 7 days a week 365 days a year....I drink around 2 gallons of water a day, eat 2 bananas a day and guzzle down 2 12oz. Gatorades.... ain't been bothered by the heat to be honest....sweated a lot yes,suffered no

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Went out to the lease today to scout and put up a trail cam. It was hot but the excitement of knowing that deer season is only 46 days away kept me cool.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Boone was cold no doubt but I could always put more clothes on. This past weekend was the hottest I've seen it and it was 87 in Boone. I heard a floridiot as we called them. No offense to anyone from Florida, say that they move to Boone to escape the heat and they were not pleased about how hot it has been... I busted out laughing walking up the trout stream.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Boone was cold no doubt but I could always put more clothes on. This past weekend was the hottest I've seen it and it was 87 in Boone. I heard a floridiot as we called them. No offense to anyone from Florida, say that they move to Boone to escape the heat and they were not pleased about how hot it has been... I busted out laughing walking up the trout stream.

Seriously????? Boone was 87 today??!!??!?! And a floridiot complained?!?!?!? Omg. I'm from Florida, and I understand your plight!

I'm preparing for tomorrow. LOTS of water tonight, only 20 oz of gatorade each for my guys tomorrow, the rest will be water. We are leaving at 3 pm regardless of what we get done. My only fear is that this heat wave will last for 6-8 weeks and we will have to work 12-15 hour days to make up for our lost time this and next week. Then a couple of funerals, then a couple of new guys who get fired in the first week.....it'll be a vicious cycle.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Caught up to me today. First week back after vacation and was lax on drinking water. Don't know that I've ever sweat like that.

Normally I drink water every 15-20min. As much and often as I can. Today I don't think I had the first sip, drank 2 20oz gatorades and a little bit of tea at lunch, because I walked over to Panera to get cooled down a bit at lunch.

Was OK until ride back to shop. Just felt drained. I've been worse before but this was bad as I've got in a lot time. Water water water! I knew better, but just trudged through it.

Southside

Ten Pointer
As for working outside I couldn't tell any difference between today or yesterday than any day in the last 2-3 weeks. It will be miserable for another month and a half id say. Just take more water and an extra shirt to change into after lunch. Very little I like about summer. I'll take cold weather any time.
Usually get heat sick 4-5 times a summer.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk

Last edited:

downeastnc

Old Mossy Horns
My air has run non stop for the better part of the last week.

My coil froze up Sunday, this high DP and humidity is rough...yesterday it was ok though.....my in laws popped their capacitor Sunday and I have seen the A/C vans all over town, good time to be in the A/C business.

QBD2

Old Mossy Horns

Several people passed us on the river, whining about the heat...I lol'd...

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Yeah same here, I was shocked it got that warm. Man that cool stream water felt amazing compared to lake Norman. It feels like bath water right now.