Otter Box - Can't say enough

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
The Otter Box for my iPhone was starting to come apart. The camo on the back was peeling away. Quick phone call, and a new one is on its way. Great representative I talked to as well. You don't see customer service like that very often these days.......I will never use a different case for my phone.....They have my business for life.....

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
This one was just falling apart. Only other issue I have had is when I got sprayed by a skunk. Couldn't get the smell out of the rubber cover.....

Mr.Gadget

Old Mossy Horns
Yep they replaced one of mine..

Got an email the otters are working as fast as they can and it will ship soon......

nccatfisher

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I emailed life proof about mine sent a copy of the receiptand a pic of the problem and they sent me a new one no problem.
I have had Life Proof and I burnt a hole in it welding. E-mailed them and they sent me a new one. Can't say anything bad about them either.

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
They did well when i had a case break. Talking to a real person was nice. Not a "trained" phone attendent. They wanted to know how it broke, what kind of work i did....they use the warranty department with research and development. If you run it over with a truck....they might not replace it....but if you break it working your daily job, it is no questions asked. I had a lifeproof....never again. Piece of junk compared to an otterbox. Otterbox is thicker buy much better.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Told the CS manager about the skunk incident and she took extensive notes that the rubber was not scent proof LOL....She laughed her butt off, but took down the notes....and was sending it to R&D

Last edited:

thedeerstandman

Six Pointer
I just had my iPhone 6s screen shatter while Inside an otterbox, not even a couple hours ago. Dropped it getting out of the truck. Wonder if I ought to call otterbox and see what they say. Sounds like they have pretty good customer service!

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
I just had my iPhone 6s screen shatter while Inside an otterbox, not even a couple hours ago. Dropped it getting out of the truck. Wonder if I ought to call otterbox and see what they say. Sounds like they have pretty good customer service!

As far as I know it should be covered, but I could be wrong. If you have the 6S, you probably still have the warranty info for the OB. It should tell you what is covered.

I know skunks aren't, LOL

EGrdneck

I need to replace mine....got ran over by a feed truck last year and then dropped in 3ft of water in the swamp trying to pickup decoys and talk on the phone...phone still going strong too

Briargoat

Ten Pointer
Just did mine. Real sweet girl on the other end of phone. She even waived the shipping fee which was $4.99. I didn't have my card on me so she just took care of it. Great customer service.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Just did mine. Real sweet girl on the other end of phone. She even waived the shipping fee which was $4.99. I didn't have my card on me so she just took care of it. Great customer service.

That is awesome Briar! Glad they took care of it! Like I said, I will never use another brand of case!

woodmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
you all done made me go and upgrade,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,mine is trashed,,,,but then I am the 4th user and it's likely 10 years old,,,,,,,they don't make them for my phone anymore (iPhone 3) but I ordered a new one off ebay

I'll look all fancy again,,,,,,,,,

bigdrumnc

Ten Pointer
my wife and i upgraded our phones to iPhone 6 s. the vendor recommended the life proof fre being that i work on the water. Well being a long time otter box customer, i was very disappointed. Every one who called me complained i was in a well, muffled, or hard to hear. No good! I called customer service they sent another, another and another, so then they recommended the nude........same issues... went through a few of those. I gave up, bought another otter box defender. Lesson learned. I have water tested all the life proof cases last weekend(without phone in them) all took on water in the bottom of our Walmart pool. Poor product. Kicker is otter box owns life proof???wtf! for what its worth the life proof nude has absolutely no screen protection! Read the reviews on amazon and on life proofs site, lots of negatives, lots! Otter box is the way to go, keep it dry.

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
my wife and i upgraded our phones to iPhone 6 s. the vendor recommended the life proof fre being that i work on the water. Well being a long time otter box customer, i was very disappointed. Every one who called me complained i was in a well, muffled, or hard to hear. No good! I called customer service they sent another, another and another, so then they recommended the nude........same issues... went through a few of those. I gave up, bought another otter box defender. Lesson learned. I have water tested all the life proof cases last weekend(without phone in them) all took on water in the bottom of our Walmart pool. Poor product. Kicker is otter box owns life proof???wtf! for what its worth the life proof nude has absolutely no screen protection! Read the reviews on amazon and on life proofs site, lots of negatives, lots! Otter box is the way to go, keep it dry.

Yeah, my Otter box doesn't have screen protection, but it does everything I need.

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Same results my daughter had last week. She said they were awesome. I had her do it all in own. Tracking down customer service, calling, setting up shipping and paying for it herself. Pretty responsible kid to be 16.