Intteresting Political Self Assessment Quiz

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I am close to a 100% Trump if I answer the questions yes or no. If I choose another answer I end up with Johnson as the top pic.

I think my Johnson percentage was elevated for that reason because some questions are not yes/no for me. For example, my guess is the death penalty is a yes/no for many here. It isn't for me. There are too many Nifong's in the world that will do anything to put someone in jail no matter what. There are some real cases here in this state where DNA has ruled out someone of the crime that is in jail for that crime. I'm for the death penalty but we better damn well be sure of the guilt. On the birth control pill question, they should be required to be covered if there is a medical reason.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I think my Johnson percentage was elevated for that reason because some questions are not yes/no for me. For example, my guess is the death penalty is a yes/no for many here. It isn't for me. There are too many Nifong's in the world that will do anything to put someone in jail no matter what. There are some real cases here in this state where DNA has ruled out someone of the crime that is in jail for that crime. I'm for the death penalty but we better damn well be sure of the guilt. On the birth control pill question, they should be required to be covered if there is a medical reason.
Same here, I think the government should stay out of the states business whenever possible, and out of our business most of the time. Those answers had me almost centered between Republican, Libertarian and Constitutionalist.

Markfromflorida

Eight Pointer
I took this test months ago and they had most of the candidates on there. I sided with Johnson and rand Paul then. I'm keeping my eye on Johnson. He very we'll could be in the debates and give us 3 options instead of the same old 2.

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Mine was 83% Johnson and tie 70% Trump and Hillary, neither of whom will get my vote.

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Same here, I think the government should stay out of the states business whenever possible, and out of our business most of the time. Those answers had me almost centered between Republican, Libertarian and Constitutionalist.

I answered Fed's have no business in marriage, medical MJ, and a few other things that should be states rights.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Okay, so there is the question. You constantly hear that voting libertarian is a wasted vote, yet we clearly see that many who view themselves as conservatives are clearly part libertarian, to say the least. This notion of a 'waste vote" drive me banana's because by spreading that logic you basically are creating a self fulfilling prophecy.

Here is why I disagree with the wasted vote concept, and why I feel it is more important that ever to vote libertarian this fall.

First, if the libertarian party receives 5% of the public vote, in simple terms, they will be eligible for public funding. To put that in perspective, if the libertarian vote would have reached 5% in 2012, GJ would have received 9.5 million dollars for his campaign. Since they didn't hit 5%, he is on his own, and has only raised about 3 million. so that vote in 2012 could have tripled his financing for this election. You cant win without money, I dont care who you are.

Second, and this is my opinon, this is the WORST choice of candidates we have ever seen. We have to choose between a :donk:donk:donk:donk sangwich and a turd burger. I choose neither. I feel like this year we need to take a stand and get that third party in there so we can stop this Red/Blue divisiveness that is crushing the ability to get any meaningful legislation passed in this country.

Sorry, rant over.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not willing to bet the next 8 years of degradation by the so-called leader of the free world, just so a dark horse may get a few dollars to spend on his next campaign failure.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
that is what I often hear, but its a short term win IMO. The 2 party either/or system we have has led us to the worst 2 presidential candidates in history. I dont see Donald doing any better than Hillary. They are both democrats, one just realized there was a weakness in the republican party they can take advantage of to make themselves a :donk:donk:donk:donk ton of money.

Its not about GJs shot to win. Its about adding another voice to the mix. We clearly as a country are not enamored with our current options.

Last edited:

roundball

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
I'm not willing to bet the next 8 years of degradation by the so-called leader of the free world, just so a dark horse may get a few dollars to spend on his next campaign failure.
Agree.
If the 2 major party candidates were a pair of fairly even so-so politicians who wouldn't necessarily do long term negative things (SC appointments, etc) and if a 3rd party was already in place with some credible legs / showing in the mix...that might be a time to try it.

But not when hillary clinton has a very good shot of taking the WH...this time around any vote not cast for the Republican nominee is a vote for hillary...and the same goes for wasting any vote on 3rd party and write-in candidates.

No question anybody can / should vote how they personally choose...just be aware the stakes this time are huge with the 25 year known commodity like Hillary Clinton.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I guess I am not drinking the trump kool aid. He is a con man democrat trying to portray him self as a republican. I see them as the same candidate, one just has worse hair and smaller balls. Literal, not figurative.

ako_deerking

Twelve Pointer
So Dolfan, you are a voting for Hillary? You see 0 difference between Trump and Clinton on how this country will be run? Sorry but I disagree 100%.

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
no, I didnt say I was voting for hillary at all. In fact, I started the post by stating that voting for Gary Johnson was the way to go, even though I know he cant win this election. Its for the future not the present. I am investing my vote in the future, so to speak.

I am just saying that Hillary and Donald have the same goals when you pull back the curtain and look at their track records. Donald could not run as a democrat based on the field and the constituency, something he has claimed to be his ENTIRE LIFE prior to the last 12 months when he saw this opportunity. Hillary is a liar, Donald is a Con Man. Whats the difference? That is all I am saying. I realize others will disagree, not trying to argue, just presenting my viewpoint and hoping to have an civilized, intelligent debate about the merits of voting libertarian.

So Donald has always claimed to be left, often bashed the Right and praised the clintons....and NOW I am supposed to believe he suddendly had a change in heart to save the country? Absolutely Zero chance I am buying that BS. Dude is a democrat, and has most fooled. Why not republican support? Becuase he is "anti-establishment"?? Please, the guy has FUNDED the establishment his entire life. He is the problem, just as much as hillary. IMO.

Last edited:

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
Look at the field in which they are comparing from: Trump, Castle, Johnson, Sanders, Stein, and Clinton. Not much of a field to chose from. Now if they had included all 16 of the Republican candidates and the 4 or 5 Democrat candidates, then this may have had some resemblance of validity. Even though I had 96% Trump, the fact is he is a NE liberal and has been his entire life. Just because I got 96% Trump in this little game, doesn't make Trump a Conservative or me a Liberal. It is just a game, that Face Book is full of, nothing more, nothing less.

Exactly what I am trying to say. Trump is a democrat trying to play trojan horse with the republican party. Look at his record, this is not up for debate IMO.

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Exactly what I am trying to say. Trump is a democrat trying to play trojan horse with the republican party. Look at his record, this is not up for debate IMO.

I'm not naïve enough to believe much of what any politician has to say to win an election. But there are vast differences between a woman who has cheated, manipulated, lied and murdered her way to the position she now holds, and a multi billionaire who has used his resources to build a hugely successful business.
Hillary has proven over 30 years of crooked political gain that she can't be president of anything good..much less this country. The Donald has yet to step up and show us what he will be like in the political arena. I'd rather give him a chance to prove I'm wrong, then to give Hillary a chance to prove I'm right. He will be under the same constraints of Congress that Hillary would be, so how could he be any more damaging? She will surround herself with weak support staff that will bow to her wishes, while he will surround himself with people that will make him look like the strongest POTUS we have ever seen and he will try to honor his promises as best he can through them. (that's just my opinion of course, he hasn't had the chance to prove himself yet...but she has)

Dolfan21

Ten Pointer
I'm not naïve enough to believe much of what any politician has to say to win an election. But there are vast differences between a woman who has cheated, manipulated, lied and murdered her way to the position she now holds, and a multi billionaire who has used his resources to build a hugely successful business.
Hillary has proven over 30 years of crooked political gain that she can't be president of anything good..much less this country. The Donald has yet to step up and show us what he will be like in the political arena. I'd rather give him a chance to prove I'm wrong, then to give Hillary a chance to prove I'm right. He will be under the same constraints of Congress that Hillary would be, so how could he be any more damaging? She will surround herself with weak support staff that will bow to her wishes, while he will surround himself with people that will make him look like the strongest POTUS we have ever seen and he will try to honor his promises as best he can through them. (that's just my opinion of course, he hasn't had the chance to prove himself yet...but she has)

fair points. I just dont believe he will surround himself with anyone he feels is smarter than him. I believe his ego is too large to let anyone else get any credit for any success he has had. I cant find any examples of trump giving credit to anyone for any successes he has had over the years ,but is sure quick to blame ( I know, a political trait shared by most)

Last edited:

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Trump didn't redesign the New York skyline, Las Vegas, ect, without some really smart folks to support him from inception to completion. I believe running a country like a huge company could benefit us greatly....trim the fat, let the taxpayers benefit like shareholders.
The country under Hillary will continue to be run like a floozie with a blank check, and the taxpayers treated like indentured servants.

Last edited:

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
92% Trump 3% Hilly. I must have screwed up a couple of answers somewhere to even get 1% agreement with Hilly. I hate a two faced liar, especially one that is wasting my tax payer money on her salary and one who jeopardizes the security of our military and our nation.

NCDoberman

Ten Pointer
Look at the field in which they are comparing from: Trump, Castle, Johnson, Sanders, Stein, and Clinton. Not much of a field to chose from. Now if they had included all 16 of the Republican candidates and the 4 or 5 Democrat candidates, then this may have had some resemblance of validity. Even though I had 96% Trump, the fact is he is a NE liberal and has been his entire life. Just because I got 96% Trump in this little game, doesn't make Trump a Conservative or me a Liberal. It is just a game, that Face Book is full of, nothing more, nothing less.

They had the others back during the primaries. I had 94% Rand and 87% Cruz.

NCDoberman

Ten Pointer
All the people that scored 50%+ for Gary Johnson smoke pot.:D

Don't care if they do. Trying to ban a plant that grows like a "weed" is one of the dumbest and most wasteful things this country has ever done. Please stop wasting my tax dollars on that stupidity.