Looks Young

bowhuntingrook

Old Mossy Horns
Unfortunately I did not kill him. I added some more pictures, (September) but I had pictures of him almost every other day until he died Nov 21 I think it was, when the neighbor who had never seen him shot him while walking back to his truck after a morning hunt. He was across the road with a doe. I bow hunt, I spent less time in the woods this year then I ever have since I started hunting NC, due to school. There were 2 days in daylight on camera I could have killed him, I'm sure more days not on camera but thats how it goes.

Attachments

• IMAG0152.jpg
    IMAG0152.jpg
    102.2 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0156.jpg
    IMAG0156.jpg
    100 KB · Views: 2
  • IMAG0157.jpg
    IMAG0157.jpg
    100.9 KB · Views: 2
Last edited:
He will fill out nicely in a few months body wise , hard to tell but his neck to shoulders and front legs have me leaning towards a 4+ yr old ... could b wrong though ...very nice deer!!!

Last edited:

MJ74

Old Mossy Horns
Nice one, I have a hard time telling age this time of year but I'd shoot him regardless.

HorNhnTr

Twelve Pointer
Body says 3.5 to me but horns look older. I killed a nine pt several years ago that had a lot of the same characteristics (sp)

partspimp

Old Mossy Horns
He would get dead real quick. Its real simple!!!!

btw....there are some freaks in oxford!!! A monster was killed next farm over from my good friend last year.

Last edited:

g3trappernc

Twelve Pointer
Looks to be a little older looking at his nose, body size has me a little confused though. He would't make it past my tree stand this fall, thats for sure...

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
I think he's older than we think. He's got a hump in his shoulders with a slight dip behind the shoulders. I think the apparent down hill handle the picture appears to have the back positioned at makes him appear more racehorse like than he is.

keeg306

I'd say 3.5 pretty deer though. Looks like has 2 little drops starting to form on the right side. Has a little kicker on the backside of that left. Love a deer with some character.

buckshooter

Old Mossy Horns
He will fill out nicely in a few months body wise , hard to tell but his neck to shoulders and front legs have me leaning towards a 4+ yr old ... could b wrong though ...very nice deer!!!

That's what I see , he's got that short , stubby legged look of an older buck. Gonna be a nice one for sure though.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Id say 4+ and shoot him any chance I got. Love the moose like bladed racks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

DeerManager

I think the deer is 3 or 4 years old. Also, I think he has the potential to be a awesome buck. Not that he isn't good now but just saying in two years he could be the talk of N.C.

ncstatehunter

Twelve Pointer
The shoulders aren't screaming older than 3.5 to me, but like everyone else has said the angle he is standing might just be throwing that view off.

BoonDock

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
That webbing is his horns is awesome, reminds me of the buck I harvested last year. Great looking buck, good luck with him!

wl704

Ten Pointer
Yup 3 or 4 like others have said. I think if he was older he'd have more of a gut. Younger, he'd have less developed brisket. But the forward lean is a bit tricky.

That palmation of the antlers is cool. Good luck.

mcecannon

i would say this deer is young as hell i give him another season and let it pan out

DRS

Old Mossy Horns
Looks to be at least 4 to me. Shoulders are huge, well developed front end.