Striper guides in NC

wildcat3

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Guys, I'm thinking about just taking a day trip and hiring a guide to take me striper fishing for a day somewhere. Who, where and when would yall fish with. I've read about Colt Bass on lake Hickory a couple of times in the Sportsman magazine, do any of yall know anything about him? Any other input would be appreciated and welcomed. I dont care if its live bait or trolling. I'd like to at least wait til September and hopefully get a little cooler weather and escape some of this August humidity.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
TY Mathis is one hell of a striper guide and fishes all over Nc. I know he guides on Norman and hickory and some lakes farther west up into tn. I have never been fishing with him but I know people that have and have had wonderful trips.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ramblin Man

Four Pointer
Go to Smith Mountain Lake in October for some great striper fishing. Some good guides over near bridgewater.

cmcarter00

Button Buck
yea this time of year august sept and oct, you should stick to lake stripers. Wait until the colder months for coastal striper. Now when you want to really get into them give me a shout pm during march-july and ill put you on more striper than you can handle.