Whopper Plopper

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Any Plopper fans here?

all i can say is whatever you do dont walk it like a spook.You'll catch too many doing that and they are downright dangerous to unhook from that thing.

just throw and wind. that method will give you less exposure to those big :donk:donk:donk hooks. safety first. :)

Eric Revo

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Did Bill Dance do a show on that one? IF so how many times will it catch the same fish?

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
What size Plopper is best?

i like the 130 in bone. sad thing is the whole world likes the same deal now that bobby lane was shown on the bassmasters killing them on that size and color.

depends on what you are after. if it's bigguns the 130 is your bait.

and you drum guys please put these to the test.

tomahawk

Six Pointer
The bigger ones work great for muskies and stripers. A real noisy top water lure. I use the green/black model.

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
I use the 90 and 130. Both work great so far. Like a buzz type bait that floats and can be worked at various speeds

Larry R

Old Mossy Horns
Mine hasn't caught a thing. Don't tell me you have to take it out of the box it came in for it to catch fish????? From the sales pitch all you have to do is buy it and the fish will come looking for it. LOL.

Well I will take that back, it actually did catch a fish, a sucker. LOL.

Last edited:

seminolewind

Feedback - Well I took the WP (all I could find was the 90 in Loon) out yesterday to a small pond that I have never caught much in AND first cast ( I kid you not) pulled in a 1 pounder..... Then proceeded to pull another 5 out in an hour of fishing. All small ones, but still pulled them out. I am sold on this lure.....

Particular details, all fish were caught on the front treble hook and the back treble loves to get up in the gills making removal a bit tricky. Stock hooks were tacky enough to work.

seminolewind

Double post for some reason........

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
Mine hasn't caught a thing. Don't tell me you have to take it out of the box it came in for it to catch fish????? From the sales pitch all you have to do is buy it and the fish will come looking for it. LOL.

Well I will take that back, it actually did catch a fish, a sucker. LOL.

I think Larry you will do well on it on your clear lakes during some lowlight conditions, either dawn or dusk or rainy or some wind.It does help after the first one is caught. until then it looks pretty silly.

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
i like the 130 in bone. sad thing is the whole world likes the same deal now that bobby lane was shown on the bassmasters killing them on that size and color.

depends on what you are after. if it's bigguns the 130 is your bait.

and you drum guys please put these to the test.

Been there and done that from the kayak. Small fish (the ones I caught) will hammer it around the grass.

<>< Fish

FishHunt

Old Mossy Horns
did you just throw and wind it or work it in some different matter? Which size?

130 Sized, "Chubby" color and fished slow to medium retrieve, making as much wake/noise as possible. I hope to put it to work again this fall. I fished it on 17lb Nanofil with a 7ft medium Shimano rod, 2500 size reel. I think going up on line size would work better but I fished it on what I had with me in the yak.

<>< Fish

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I finally caught something on my whopper plopper,,,,,,the second toe on my right foot.....I will admit, they have some of the sharpest hooks I have had in me in some time....

tritonbuck

Eight Pointer
I have caught a few on the WP. Caught a 7-6 at tucker town in a tournament. I have not thrown the 90 size much. from what I have seen the 130 is a good big fish bait. Oh, monkey butt and bone have worked best for me.

MoBucks

Old Mossy Horns
Bought 2....one for myself and one for my daughter.....we haven't caught a damn thing on'em..... Had some fish run from it....but no catches

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

GSOHunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I crushed them the other day with my Double Whopper Plopper. On my last cast it flew off and I have not found it yet. :(

spectac

Button Buck
Caught a pickerel on the blue blood 90 plopper yesterday. Then a monster pickerel swallowed it and snapped my 20lb braid on the strike. Caught a bass a few days prior. Still nothing on the double though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited: