Whopper Plopper

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
The way the spotted bass were clobbering a Zara Spook Jr. on Lake Norman this past Saturday morning got me wanting to try a WP 90 on them. I'm sure it would be a great bait, so I plan to pick one up to use later in October when we can get back out there.

Meanwhile I did get a 130 in Perch for our annual musky fishing trip to northern Wisconsin this coming weekend. Will post results next week if the cold front that is scheduled to hit right when we get there does not shut the fishing down...

IMG_3313.jpg

Last edited:

oldest school

Old Mossy Horns
lake gaston tourney won two weekends ago on one, table rock this past weekend had eight of top ten catching them on it.

it'll die out from overexposure but it sure is wicked right now.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Thanks - heading back up there in a few weeks to bow hunt, and will do some further musky fishing to pass the mid-day hours. However, the top-water bite will be over by then.

I stopped by Bass Pro earlier in the week to get a WP-90 for spotted bass, and they were almost sold out. Had to settle for one in 'Terminator' finish, but I really doubt that color makes much of a difference for reaction-strike lures such as this. That said, given a choice, Terminator might be my third choice out of the dozen or so they offer...

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Too hot to hunt, so took advantage of the temps and caught a bunch more spotted bass on Lake Norman with the Whopper Plopper 90 Terminator...

Next week the 130 goes for more muskies in northern Wisconsin...

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Whopper Plopper produced a few muskies and a few northern pike, which led to a nice shore lunch...

JP Musky EM.jpg

Northern EM.jpg

Shore Lunch EM.jpg

Tough week for fishing - warm temps, then a weak cold front with blue skies the entire trip. Good Fall musky weather is overcast, colder, and maybe some snow flurries with some light ice on the edges of the river. Was warmer in northern Wisconsin than it was down here last week...

Boojum

Ten Pointer
Whopper Plopper produced a few muskies and a few northern pike, which led to a nice shore lunch...

Tough week for fishing - warm temps, then a weak cold front with blue skies the entire trip. Good Fall musky weather is overcast, colder, and maybe some snow flurries with some light ice on the edges of the river. Was warmer in northern Wisconsin than it was down here last week...

Nice fish, and good looking eats! Are the pike really bony like pickerel?

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
They have the Y-bones like all members of the pike family, but we fillet them carefully, and then you just have to pay attention while you eat. Right out of the cold northern rivers, these fish are really tasty. Not "walleye tasty", but still very good...