1st Drum Trip of 2016

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
We put in at Smith's Creek and motored out to Oyster Creek in the Southern mouth of the Pamlico. Had four good strikes and one fight that turned out to be a big skate. No drum this time around. It might be a week or two early as full moon is next week. It was a fun trip with 3 newbie gals on the boat. Trying again in two weeks. :D

bshobbs

Old Mossy Horns
Good try, maybe you can get those ladies the ride of their life next trip... :)

I will be running out of Dawson Creek, near Oriental, chasing the big ones all week. Got to get out there early to beat some of this heat.

Last edited:

Nana

Big Ole Nanny
Contributor
Thankfully we had a decent breeze that didn't make the water too much for my Carolina Skiff.....We are planning another trip the 27th. They are all ready to try it again and we have another boat load of ladies that wants to tag along. Good luck!

Secret Spot

Six Pointer
Going next week for several days. Will be my only chance till about Sept. 20. Did real good last year around Sept. 16. I am ready for a tug on my line. Come on drummies!!

nchunter

Twelve Pointer
Good work, nice looking fish.[emoji106]
That last picture is a bummer. Was she close enough to the boat to see her get hit.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
Looks like a pretty good sized shark got a hold of that one! hate to see that happen but really not much can be done about it.

Secret Spot

Six Pointer
Good work, nice looking fish.[emoji106]
That last picture is a bummer. Was she close enough to the boat to see her get hit.

Fish was about 20 yds from boat. There was a huge swirl, did not see shark, and then just dead weight, literally dead.

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Fish was about 20 yds from boat. There was a huge swirl, did not see shark, and then just dead weight, literally dead.

Neuse River Sport Shop posted your pic courtesy of whoever it was that I asked if you were, saying it was caught yesterday, they 26th.

I had to correct them lol

Last edited: