Prayer request

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
Guys, I am in need of any and all prayers that I can get. I just turned 42, and Friday I was diagnosed with prostate cancer!!! My PSA was elevated at my physical last October. After a couple of more tests, MRI and a biopsy, I got the results Friday. My dr. has assured me that with surgery I should be fine and will not have anything to worry about after it is removed. That is easy for him to say, I have so much to live for, my wife of nearly 19 years and a 9 y/o son. I am very scared at the thought of not being here for them. My surgery is scheduled for Sept. 27. He says that it was found early and most likely it hasn't spread. Please keep my family in your prayers, I trust my doctor and my faith in God and prayer is strong.

bellabarrie

Eight Pointer
Prayers going up! God's got this. What a blessing you found it as early as you did. Will be praying for total healing, peace of mind, and wisdom for all the medical staff working with you.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Prayer sent. It's hard to do, but turn it over to God and know that whatever happens, it's gonna be ok. You won't believe the weight it will lift off your shoulders.

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
Prayer sent. It's hard to do, but turn it over to God and know that whatever happens, it's gonna be ok. You won't believe the weight it will lift off your shoulders.

There are not alot of things that scare me. I am a guy who deals with and takes charge of other people's mess and chaos. This time, I am scared. I am very lucky that according to the doctor this was found early and is in his words "not a problem to fix". I do a have a calm feeling about the outcome, and my faith in prayer and God are strong. I want to and have asked for the strength to lay it all at his feet and have him carry my yoke, but I find the fear continues to creep back in. I know that lots of people were given alot worse news than I was given Friday and I consider myself lucky. Thanks for the prayers and keep them coming. We all feel sympathy for friends,co-workes and even family, but when it is you. Wow, is all I can say, it is totally different.

Last edited:

Old Soul

Six Pointer
Prayers sent. Have 2 good friends that are fighting cancer right now and the wife of a coworker as well. It touches without respect for creed,color or station in life. God bless and keep your head up.

Blackwater

Twelve Pointer
Sending prayers your way for a full life following surgery. I was diagnosed on the 27th with bladder cancer and go tomorrow for pre-op. Don't know how this will all shake out, but the urologist told me that I was his for the next ten years and that's if there are no recurring tumors. Best of luck to you man!

Last edited: