Looking to learn to deer hunt

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
Sorry bud... I can't teach you anything about hunting...

I'm just kidding. One thing about the forum is we all like to cut up and have a good time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Zombie

Old Mossy Horns
If you want some shooting lessons and a chance to shoot a couple lighter recoiling rifles to work up to the 35, feel free to head out this way. I'm right outside of winston, in Walkertown. I have a 100yard rifle range and a 50 yard pistol range with shooting bench and all.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

c.j.fro

If you want some shooting lessons and a chance to shoot a couple lighter recoiling rifles to work up to the 35, feel free to head out this way. I'm right outside of winston, in Walkertown. I have a 100yard rifle range and a 50 yard pistol range with shooting bench and all.

Sent from.......wait....where am I?!

Sounds great!

JBGrizzley

Eight Pointer
Zombie, make sure his eye relief is set up right if yall shoot together. CJ theres worse calibers than 35 but no matter how harsh the recoil scope eye always hurts

Downeast

Twelve Pointer
NC Wildlife is putting on deer hunting seminars around the state in September and October. Check their website.

My first gun was a hand-me-down 12 gauge single barrel when I was 10. It kicked like hell but I shot a bunch of critters with that old cannon. Recoil is mostly a mental liberal thing. I see it discussed more and more on the "gun forums". "I want a new rifle but I'm recoil sensitive. I shot my friends .308 and it was awful. And it was sooo loud. Eeew!" I guess we need to start building little private "safe areas" at the gun ranges with pretty little pink walls for the "sensitive shooters" among us. :D

.35 Rem is a great cartridge. Shoot it and have fun.

Last edited:

flathead977

Ten Pointer
Buy your rifle bullets now if you can find them. They will really be harder to find right before or during hunting season. Good luck with the hunt.

c.j.fro

Buy your rifle bullets now if you can find them. They will really be harder to find right before or during hunting season. Good luck with the hunt.

I have about 500 rounds of Hornady leverolution .35. 200 gran