Weed eater head

JFH3006

Ten Pointer
I have a Kawasaki weed eater. ( runs great) but have to replace a couple of parts on the head. The cost will just about the price of a new after market head according to local dealer. What is everyone's thoughts and suggestions on a good replacement head.

Thanks for any information

JFH3006

blazinbowtie99

Six Pointer
They'll fit. We sell them at work. I liked the one on my srm266 so much, I bought one for dad's kawasaki. It comes with the hardware to mount it.

daviddeerhunter

Eight Pointer
I have an echo and switched the echo head to a aftermarket I think it was razor something brand. Anyhow, no bumping. Just feed 4 new wires through each time it needs it. With heavy wire it lasts a long time and I really like not having to bump it

pattersonj11

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Ive seen those that you feed through....i feel like i would have to carry a spool of line around with me with those.

mekanizm

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
About 20 years ago I bought a $300 Maruyama commercial string trimmer because I was sick and tired of the homeowner BS (I use it as a homeowner, not commercially). My friends told me they could buy 3 or 4 cheap ones for one of mine and they just couldn't understand spending that kind of money on it (they don't say that now! lol). It came with an autofeed head and the dealer told me that most of his customers complained about it and didn't like it and got bump heads instead. I am now on my second autofeed head and can say without a doubt that it has been pure pleasure. I have not had the first issue with them. I can't speak for any other brand and really can't help the OP with his question. I am just saying that in my particular case, the advice I got to steer clear of an autofeed was wrong. YMMV.

Last edited: