Windows 10 update

Ldsoldier

Old Mossy Horns
Those of you running Windows 10, I'd wait to do this update till you don't need your computer for a while. Took mine the better part of an hour. Not sure if it's good or not, but it was major.

Homebrewale

Old Mossy Horns
I'm not updating my desktop. With another 4 years before support for Windows 7 runs out, my desktop will be scrap due to obsolescence.

johnnyk2000

Eight Pointer
Right! did mine this morning. been getting pop ups from skype all day, i have never used skype in my life....asking me if i want a friend.....i didnt even know i had skype on there.. i didnt until this update... been playing with it for the last 2 hours on trying to figure out a way to get it out of there. according to the MS webite.. you cant.

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
Right! did mine this morning. been getting pop ups from skype all day, i have never used skype in my life....asking me if i want a friend.....i didnt even know i had skype on there.. i didnt until this update... been playing with it for the last 2 hours on trying to figure out a way to get it out of there. according to the MS webite.. you cant.

Well now we know how they are going to icrease skype usage after Microsoft bought them.

There are much better alternatives than Windows for almost every user. Why people keep paying them for there crap is beyond me.

Last edited:

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
Yea...this is their 'anniversary' update and it stinks. Ive essentially told my machine to avoid installing any of their feature updates for 3-4 months.

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
Thank you Sober ncst8guy for NOT upgrading to Windows 10!!!!!!

My desktop is from 2009, so I'll be ready for Windows Vista II around Hillary's re election campaign I reckon.

I don't think an hour away from the PC is too bad, (time to get to ABC store, and back, and make 2 totties) but getting pop ups from Skype would make me want to uninstall in about 8 seconds!!!

Tipmoose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
There are *always* ways around the skype issue. You just have to know how the system works. Once you find skype.exe its pretty easy to prevent it from ever launching.