Became a deacon today

EGrdneck

Let me begin by saying my life has been nothing less of a miracle....those of you who've been on a here a while know this. A while back I was approached by the pastor amd chairman of deacons for our church about interviewing for a chance to be on the deacon ballot for this year. It was very humbling, so my wife and I sat down and went through the interview....prayed a lot, and prayed even more afterwards.....fast forward to today and I wasnt nervous (no reason to be worried about God's will) passed out ballots and that was it....just still humbled but amazed that in my 25 yrs on this earth I can hands down say my life is a miracle, the fact that I'm a christian is evidence of God's plan unfolding even when we can't see the end outcome....

Ohh yeah got to witness a couple my wife and I are discipling come to Christ today as well (by far worthy of more praise than my situation)

Soilman

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats! It's an honor, but at the same time, a lot of responsibility. Learn to take time to seek God's will before making tough decisons, learn to say "no" at times, and don't take on so much that you neglect your family.

BASSFAN07

Twelve Pointer
Congrats! It's an honor, but at the same time, a lot of responsibility. Learn to take time to seek God's will before making tough decisons, learn to say "no" at times, and don't take on so much that you neglect your family.

This + always keep your relationship with God first. Don't neglect your family by over extending yourself. Be active in your church as a servant, but know that you can't do everything.

There will always be people with plenty of things for you to do and try and pull you in all sorts of directions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Jake NFC

Twelve Pointer
Congrats Travis. It's a big undertaking and awesome responsibility. Everyone has shared wise words of wisdom. As we all know, there is nothing more satisfying than doing work,service and witnessing all in Christ name. May God bless, you, your family and your church.

On a side note, it has been a pleasure to watch you mature into a fine young man. I will never forget you and others from this site, reaching out to me when my daughter was admitted Brenners. That meant more than you will ever know.

Jeff Davis

EGrdneck

The compassion and brotherhood on here has really been a blessing to me, just seeing how we all might not know each other personally yet we still come together when a member needs it, truly gives me hope for humanity.

DFisher

Eight Pointer
Great stuff. A lot of great advice already given by others. You are on your way to good (God) things. Just remember in all situations, Pray first, seek God's will, the rest will fall into place.

jug

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Congrats and let me give you some advice as a fellow elder at a Presbyterian church.
Don't let the folks get on your nerves cause they will try and test you.
..... Keep the mumbling down. The longer you serve as a church officer the more you are going to hear .
Finally, Don't let the job of being a deacon keep you from enjoying going to church. That will be the hardest test for you. I have seen it with fellow elders and friends who have served as deacons with other churches.
Again congrats...... and remember , Keep the mumbling down. ;)

Last edited: