OI Report 26-27

25contender

Twelve Pointer
It has been a pretty decent year for us this year. The Billfish have been a little hit and miss for us the past few weeks. Finally had a decent day Friday and you couldn't have asked for better weather out of OI. We started a little slow Friday morning.but heard there was a small bite going on north of us. We picked up and ran about 5 miles north. Not a bunch of boats hooking up but we managed to put together a dent afternoon with 1 white and 3 Sails for Friday. All in about 30 fathoms. Saturday was much slower for everyone but did manage 1 sail. The fish were really scattered up and down the line with no real concentrated area to pinpoint like Friday. We did mark lots of bait both days. Now just waiting for the Whites to make a better showing.
Josh had the hot hand on the boat this weekend dropping back and hooking all the fish caught this weekend. Seth on the leader and me up top. It was a good weekend on the boat as We finally reached the boat total of 50+ Billfish. Now at 54 Billfish with 7 so far this year. Thanks to Seth and Josh for coming along again this past weekend.

Last edited:

Wildlifer

Old Mossy Horns
Nice work! My roommate was up there too and had the same report. Pretty good Friday and slow Saturday.

cloningerba

Old Mossy Horns
That is awesome! I've always wanted to catch a bill fish. They are beautiful in the water!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
The Whatever out of Odens dock had a crazy day Saturday.......I think he had like 9 wahoo and 8 or 9 gaffer dolphin and a handful of blackfins as well...........we fished up north near the tower Saturday and there were a good number of boats up there.