Church Crappie Tournament

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
This is a tournament my dad and I have put on for 7 years now. It's a great family event with 100% of the entry fees going directly to missions within our church. Money is guaranteed regardless of number of entries. We would love to have you come out! Any questions call my dad listed below or PM me!

7th Annual Homer Faggart Mens Fellowship Group-Mt. Pleasant UMC
Crappie Tournament
Date: October 1, 2016 (Rain or Shine)
Place: Lake Tillery
Time: 7am to 2pm
Weigh In: Nicks Landing
Entry Fee: $50.00 per boat (includes Big Fish)
All Donations and Entry Fees go to MPUMC Missions
Guaranteed Prize Money (no minimum boat limit)
Prize Money: 1st Place - $1,000.00
2nd Place - $500.00
3rd Place - $300.00
4th Place - $200.00
5th Place - $100.00
6-10th Places (Rods,Reels,etc.)
11th Place - $50.00
Big Fish - 1st - $200, 2nd - $100
Highest Finishing Male/Female Team - $50.00 Bonus
Highest Finishing Parent/Child Team - $50.00 Bonus
Tournament Rules:
All North Carolina Fishing Rules and Regulations Apply. Must be Fished on Lake Tillery. NO FISHING before 7am. Must STOP at 2pm and be in line at Weigh In by 3pm. 12 Rod Limit. 2 Persons per Boat. 7 Live Fish. Only 1 Dead Fish may be weighed with a .25 penalty (4 oz.) Entry fee MUST BE PAID before tournament. No Entries or Paying at Weigh In. Entries and LIVE WELL CHECK at Nicks Landing Saturday Oct. 1, 2016 from 5am to 6am. Tournament Information and Questions call Leonard Eudy (704) 791-3778. TOURNAMENT MONITORS WILL BE WATCHING FOR EARLY STARTS AND OTHER VIOLATIONS. ANY VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN DISQUALIFICATION - NO EXCEPTIONS!!!

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Dang you fellows expecting some boats to cover those pay outs. I might have to change my target species and screen name....man will starve to death fishing catfish tourneys. I came close to winning a grand on tillery once in a NCCATS tourney. Out of 20 something boats ...tied with a fellow I know with a 5 fish limit for 101.1 lbs. What is the odds of that...two different boats/ two teams tied with the exact same weight. We ended up splitting first and second place between us, still a good day. Not bragging because I more than likely spent 20 grand trying to win it. I'm now like Tomahawk use to say " I cant dumb down enough to tourney fish anymore"...LOL. Seriously I hope you fellows have a good turnout and the fish are biting. Good luck!

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Dang you fellows expecting some boats to cover those pay outs. I might have to change my target species and screen name....man will starve to death fishing catfish tourneys. I came close to winning a grand on tillery once in a NCCATS tourney. Out of 20 something boats ...tied with a fellow I know with a 5 fish limit for 101.1 lbs. What is the odds of that...two different boats/ two teams tied with the exact same weight. We ended up splitting first and second place between us, still a good day. Not bragging because I more than likely spent 20 grand trying to win it. I'm now like Tomahawk use to say " I cant dumb down enough to tourney fish anymore"...LOL. Seriously I hope you fellows have a good turnout and the fish are biting. Good luck!

All the payout money is guaranteed regardless of boats. The way we do it is we get donations for the payouts and all the entry fees go to the church. Most years we have about 30 boats, but last year we had a monsoon and only had 12 boats.... still paid $1,000 to win.

Crappie_Hunter

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Here is the results from the tournament for any that may be interested:

What a glorious day the Lord gave us! Lots of Son shine and we give Him all the honor and glory. Thanks so much to all the participants and sponsors for another great tournament. We had 22 boats that competed for over $2,550 in cash and prizes for 6th thru 10th. Lots and lots of fish caught but were on the small side. I guess Tillery has been fished hard and very few big fish are there anymore. We raised over $1,370 for a family who lost their 5 year old to cancer two weeks ago. Sorry we did not have the raffle this year. The church has ruled against raffles so I will think of something we can do next year.
Now who won?

1st - Ed Duke & Goob (Keith McManus) 7.59 - $1,000
2nd - Todd & Stephen 6.74 - $500 and 1st Big Fish 1.32 - $200
3rd - Doug & Chad 6.65 - $300
4th - Randy Pope & Wayne 6.65 - $200
5th - Benji & Herby 6.32 - $100
6th - Tom & Randy 6.10 - (2) 9ft Southern Crappie Rods with drop seat fly reels
7th - Leonard & Justin 5.67 - 14ft Southern Crappie Rod with Shimano reel
8th - Swag & Lee 5.40 - 14ft Southern Crappie Road (HEAVY) - 2nd Big Fish 1.30 - $100
9th - Scotty & David 5.40- Tackle Box Tote Bag
10th - David & Phaneice 5.19 - Telescoping Landing Net
11th - Clayton Eudy - 5.18 - $50