Great day in th Gulf Stream

30/06

Twelve Pointer
The fishing is great right now, fished out of OI last weekend, limit of YFT by 9 AM, would have been 7 AM but sharks were ridiculously thick, we got about 1 out of 3 to the boat whole. Raised one white but damn tuna beat him to the pitch bait, not complaining but we already had our limit. First time I've ever had to throw back YFT!!!!

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
The fishing is great right now, fished out of OI last weekend, limit of YFT by 9 AM, would have been 7 AM but sharks were ridiculously thick, we got about 1 out of 3 to the boat whole. Raised one white but damn tuna beat him to the pitch bait, not complaining but we already had our limit. First time I've ever had to throw back YFT!!!!

On your boat or charter?

My son and I fished a couple weeks out of OI and HAT last month. No YFT's or dolphin, but the billfish bite was on. We averaged 5 to 6 billfish per day, mostly whites, but a few blues and sails in the mix. Fair amount of wahoo so we were able to keep something for the table. Headed back to OI next weekend to try and get some YFT and dolphin. Praying for some decent weather. edit...looks like Matthew is going to make me put this next trip off a week. The ocean's going to be too bumpy for my little boat.
IMG_25351_zpsx0tjriss.jpg

Last edited:

Tunanut

Ten Pointer
Well there was something about Matthew that I didn't trust and I wasn't going to leave my boat out in the OBX so I headed there on Sat. Fished Sunday with my son out of OI. Ocean was beautiful, the real calm before the storm. Once we found the yellowfin, limits in two hours. Nothing of any great size, but an awesome day on the water. Dragged the boat home on Monday. I'll sleep better now.

30073946656_7971890e2e_o_zpsjquut0zo.jpg

29994319072_a560019710_o_zpsokapenrz.jpg

30/06

Twelve Pointer
Tuna bite was great out there a few weeks ago we had a 3 person limit by 9, would have been by 7:30 if it wasn't for the sharks getting many more than we did. For the first time ever had to release YFT while trying to catch a billfish.