A little Fishing and Battle at Bristol

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
I was working the Tn-VT game at Bristol Motor Speedway this weekend and decided to head up to the hills a day early to get some fishing in before insanity began. I was a little bummed about missing opening day of deer season but the way the temps were on Saturday I doubt I would have hunted anyway.

Fished some wild water on Thursday evening and into the night. I decided I was only hunting large fish so I took a 6wt and threw big streamers until the sun went down then switched over to a mouse pattern looking for a large brown. Only had one blow-up the mouse and missed the fish.

Friday morning I got up early (pre-dawn) and hit some more wild water before I had to be in Bristol. Action was steady and plenty of fish were looking up taking dries. Landed 8-10 before I had to pack it up.

The rest of the weekend was spent working insane long hours at the track and now Im in recovery mode.

Quackman

Twelve Pointer
It is fun but you have to be prepared to go home empty handed. Only the largest fish in these wild streams will attempt to take it. The strike sounds like a bass hitting top-water.

darkthirty

Old Mossy Horns
Go Vols!!!

Were you still hearing 100,000+ singing Rocky Top when you laid down that night?!?!

Last edited: