Western Counties. Fill up your cars/trucks.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
MY FIL is in the fuel industry. Apparently they have a leak in a major pipe line in Alabama, I believe. They are running low on fuel in order to ship to stations in WNC and are allocating deliveries.. It could be trouble like it was a few years back.

They have the EPA involved so could see issues into late next week. Might want to top off your vehicles before the weekend.

wturkey01

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
MY FIL is in the fuel industry. Apparently they have a leak in a major pipe line in Alabama, I believe. They are running low on fuel in order to ship to stations in WNC and are allocating deliveries.. It could be trouble like it was a few years back.

They have the EPA involved so could see issues into late next week. Might want to top off your vehicles before the weekend.

Thanks D!! I'll keep this quiet except to let family know.

dpc

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
^ FIL was trying to explain it to me, pretty impressive how thy branch fuel off two main lines. Apperently we get most of our fuel from Spatanburg and Charlotte terminals. They are now getting some from ports in Charleston and Willmingron. Kind of eye opening logistics that go into shipping fuel.

NCHNTR

Old Mossy Horns
We get most of our fuel through the colonial pipe line which also supplies Sburg, Charlotte, NA, Greensboro, and Selma terminals. Wilmington and port city terminals will hopefully pull us through this unfortunate situation as long as carriers can keep up with volume. Unfortunately the cost is much higher from ports so plan on "lubing up" some.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

catfishrus

Twelve Pointer
Over heard this yesterday at a store who was out of gas. Lady inside running the store said it happens every year about this time because they are changing over to the winter type fuels/gas...I don't know.

After reading the above link..appears to be more to this.

Last edited:

dsink

Eight Pointer
Maybe this explains why gas went from $1.97 to $2.17 over night. Glad I stopped and filled up yesterday morning.

bryguy

Old Mossy Horns
This time of years refineries are down to do the switch over from summer blends to winter blends and to do maintenance, Add this pipeline leak in and its not a good thing. I see several states have already declared states of emergency but yeah prices will be shot up over night and take weeks and weeks to fall. I still haven't figured out how diesel went from cheaper them gas earlier this summer to now around 20 cents a gallon more......

What I find interesting is that the last time oil was in the $40 range, gas prices were $1.60 or so a gallon(nationwide average) so you tell me how is that the price per gallon now is 2.17 or so fro oil that costs the same? I know that the taxes have changed slightly, but not $.57 worth.

http://www.cnn.com/2003/US/02/09/gas.prices/

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_oil_market_chronology_from_2003

Last edited:

Moose

Administrator
Staff member
Contributor
I heard on business update this morning it will be the entire east coast

spinnerbaitor48

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
Hit Lake Wylie SC today too......up at least 10 cents at almost all stores....shoulda filled the truck and boat up yesterday...$2.09 today

Hawkeye

Ten Pointer
It went from 1.99 THIS morning to 2.39 at 5 pm this afternoon in Randleman...

Sent from my SM-S820L using Tapatalk

Pimpscoe

Eight Pointer
Tonight only one gas station in Louisburg had gas. The following where out and had bags over the pumps. Sheetz, racetrack, and BP.

Last edited:

turkeyfoot

Old Mossy Horns
1.97 in Hickory this AM then 2.25 in Taylorsville 20 minutes up road but seemed all stations had gas lot people filling up

LIVIT

Four Pointer
Stations around Asheville already putting up signs that they have no Gas. Glad I had already filled up ! Prices did a big jump too. Have to keep the hunting roadtrips down some and hunt more local again and deal with the Tree huggers :(

NCST8GUY

Frozen H20 Guy
I'm not into this kind of stuff at all, but I understand how it plays out.

Can you all FATHOM to purely "political" impact if gas prices SHARPLY rose, and in fact, we even had shortages in the next 1.5 months?!?!? :eek:

BLM, radical islamic terrorism, men in womens' restrooms etc. All of those PALE in comparison to the angry American when it comes to the cost and convenience of gas....PERIOD!

I do not believe any other factor could have more impact on a national election. And trust me, I believe the Dems have been waiting to use the long drop in gas prices right before the election. I hope they don't get the chance!

Last edited:

Pirate96

Twelve Pointer
I'm not into this kind of stuff at all, but I understand how it plays out.

Can you all FATHOM to purely "political" impact if gas prices SHARPLY rose, and in fact, we even had shortages in the next 1.5 months?!?!? :eek:

BLM, radical islamic terrorism, men in womens' restrooms etc. All of those PALE in comparison to the angry American when it comes to the cost and convenience of gas....PERIOD!

I do not believe any other factor could have more impact on a national election. And trust me, I believe the Dems have been waiting to use the long drop in gas prices right before the election. I hope they don't get the chance!

I am right there with you. The son and I already discussed high gas prices benefit Trump.

Stay on message......

Economy and Border Security!!!!!!

Justin

Old Mossy Horns
Just like the hurricanes in 08 or so, lots of people filling up everything they own, regardless of whether they need it, putting a rush on the pumps and strain on what is actually available. I figured something like this would come, sooner or later, with the low prices. Something had to push them back up.

sky hawk

Old Mossy Horns
Contributor
Stopped by a station to get some premium non-ethanol for the chainsaws. The first station was out, and at the second there were lines 3-4 deep at the pumps. Wasn't worth the wait.

Whether this was or was not a real shortage it is now simply because of the reporting.