How do you dehumidify your gun safe?

MrVegas

Spike
My safe is in the garage and the humidity is thick. I've got 2 of those Stack-on wireless / rechargeable things, but they just don't keep up. What do you use?

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I went to a 40w light bulb in a porcelain fixture mounted on a pc of 1x6 about 5" long in all gun boxes...cost under $10.
It just sits on the floor, and heat rises, and "voila"
the Goldenrods wouldn't do it either....nor desiccant tubs.

TravisLH

Old Mossy Horns
Open coffee can half full of rice..... Never had an issue
In smaller cases i toss a silicone pack in with them like the ones you get in shoe boxes

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1SHOT1KILL

Old Mossy Horns
I use 8"x5" desiccant packs. I place one on the shelf and one on the floor of each of my safes. I change them out as needed.

ABolt

Twelve Pointer
Contributor
I just keep my safe inside in the AC. Plenty of other items that don't rust can be kept in the garage instead. Make run indoors for the safe!

41magnum

Twelve Pointer
I just keep my safe inside in the AC.

What A/C ?.......our 130 yr old farm house only has window units and they only do so much.

I do agree that moving your safe inside, if at least for security purposes is a good idea...in our old house, I built a false closet in a corner around the safe and when we moved I made it a real closet.

Many folks don't reprogram their garage door openers from the factory and 1 has been know to open 25% of the doors in 1 neighborhood!

firemedic54

Ten Pointer
I use a Goldenrod, safe is bolted to floor in my utility room in my garage and have had no issues for going several years now.

Winnie 70

Ten Pointer
So far so good with the light bulb!
Been using the 25 w. 6" long, slender light bulb (Lowes) for years and a small gauge measuring humidity in safe, and gauge shows low humidity always, whatever outside humidity is. Had moisture, mold problems before this, but dry and no moisture at all now. Just make sure bulb is on all times, lasts for years. Do not have to oil firearms like use to, just oil when put away after using and no worry about having to re-oil later.